• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 humungusfungusamongus

humungusfungusamongus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Simply put and sorry if it's been covered elsewhere - I have a banned xbox, it can save games and create profiles just fine but I want to move a profile and a game save from an unbanned box. It's not a live profile or anything.

When I move it over, the avatar is greyed out and the game save shows up as 'corrupted save' in the game menu (ACB) I have looked a fair bit but the tuts only seem to be for moving corrupted profiles etc to an unbanned box.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Get a USB stick, format it for the 360, move your profile to it.
Use on the consoles as and when you need it

#3 humungusfungusamongus

humungusfungusamongus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE(No_Name @ Nov 21 2011, 01:01 AM) View Post

Get a USB stick, format it for the 360, move your profile to it.
Use on the consoles as and when you need it

How will that make any difference? I'm moving the saves and profile via a mem card, the game itself is installed to the hdd.

#4 goolash

goolash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

u may try to update your banned console to same dash version that u have on that other console.
I'm not sure but it may be avatar issue, so be sure to install avatar updates as well (u can do all that offline).

#5 humungusfungusamongus

humungusfungusamongus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE(goolash @ Nov 22 2011, 01:09 AM) View Post

u may try to update your banned console to same dash version that u have on that other console.
I'm not sure but it may be avatar issue, so be sure to install avatar updates as well (u can do all that offline).

They're both the same dash, but regardless the banned box won't even create avatars. It will create profiles with a greyed outline, but selecting 'customize avatar' just prompts you for an update. I think this is just the nature of a banned box being:

You cannot move a profile to a banned box with a game save and have that save load, even if the profile was originally made on the banned box.

The profile will be greyed out and cannot be edited.

A profile made on a different console will show as corrupt.

But you can create a grey profile on the banned console, install the game to the HDD and also saves will be written / read from the HDD.

I know there's some smart cookies on this forum, so please chime in if this is wrong.

cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users