• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drydenlong

drydenlong

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

Ok, so I doubt this is possible, but maybe somebody knows how to do it. I have a Linksys WUSB54G USB wireless adapter that is collecting dust in my closet. (http://XS Filter - 110506 - 1/cfzvo7l) Now, I know that I can't use it directly via USB on my Xbox 360, but is there a way to convert the USB cord to an RJ45 cord so that I can connect it to the ethernet jack on the back of the Xbox in order to establish a wireless connection? Essentially tricking the xbox into thinking it's connected to a LAN. My biggest concern would be how to tell the adapter which network to connect to, but maybe there is a way to assign it a static IP that is locked into the network. Shot in the dark I know, but it would be nice to re-purpose my adapter and ditch my old laptop bridge method.

Also, I'm not looking to buy any new hardware (other than usb-rj45 converter or parts to make one) and I fully realize that buying an official wireless adapter is the easiest method. Just looking for a fun DIY project.

Thanks!

Edited by drydenlong, 21 November 2011 - 05:24 AM.

#2 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

No, you cannot do this. What I would do is connect it to your PC and then connect the rj45 from your Xbox to an ethernet port on your computer, and set both your Xbox and LAN card with different IP addresses on the same subnet. It's exactly how I get wireless on my phat console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users