• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 fish2222

fish2222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Alright guys, I have looked and read through all the newbie stuff, and all of the tutorials on how to flash the TSOP with a new BIOS. My issue is this. I can't find anything that seems to fit all the pieces I have to use. I do not have a modded xbox to copy save files from. I do however have a 32MB flash drive and a USB port on the Xbox that works just fine (I can inject files and they read fine on the Xbox). I also have a copy of splinter cell platinum edition, which I have read from some that it will work and others say it won't. I guess I just need a little guidance here. I would like to save the original HD and replace it with a larger one (I have a 400gb Seagate sitting here ready to go). Any help would be great! Oh yeah, I have the soldered mod done to unlock the TSOP, so that is ready to go too. So basically, I need to know what files to put on my flash drive that I can copy to the Xbox HD to load with Splinter Cell to flash the BIOS. Easy enough? LOL. Thanks!

#2 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

You need to familiarize yourself with xbins...google for an app called auto-xbins...should be easiest...once logged on you will need to locate Xplorer360 (you can use this little app to copy the gamesave package from your pc to the 32mb usb drive)..then copy it from the flash drive to the xbox...

Also on xbins locate the gamesave tsop package for splinter cell, get the one with raincoat .7

Just be sure you know which xbox version you have so you can know which size bios you're going to need...

for 256kb TSOPs use ind-bios 5003

for 1mb TSOPs use X2 5035

Do some reading before you flash, so you get it right the 1st time.

Check your PM

Edited by JohnnyHunng, 22 November 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

I prefer to do it diferently to the above poster..

i get Krayzie ndure splinter cell exploit "pal for pal or ntsc for ntsc"

format my memory unit in the xbox then connect the memory unit to my pc and use xplorer360 to view the memory unit.
I then copy the two numberd folders from the Udata folder/zip file/rar file to the rout of the memory unit.

I put the memory unit back in my xbox and start without a game in the drive,
I then go to the memory managment screen and copy over the saves to my xbox. (do not have any other splinter cell saves on the xbox before you start, so be sure you have deleted any you do have from the hard disk)
Remember to copy saves you have to highlight them then press right then you can copy them to the hard disk.

I then boot up the xbox with splinter cell in the drive and go to start game, select the linux installer from the save games then chose check point "or whatever the one on the left is called"
This will then softmod the xbox.

When the xbox is fully softmodded i then Open the xbox and check what verison the mother board is and what the tsop chip is "winbond/Sharp/other" and then i solder the flash points, or use conductive ink.

I then download hexen. "heimdals xbox engineering disk" and burn it to dvd-r at 4x
i boot up with hexen disk in the drive and then chose tsop/chipped tools and flash with which ever bios i want from the list.

Earlier sharp tsops need a wire solderd in place to flash.
1.0/1.1 boards need flash points connected on the top and bottom of the board.
Winbond chips have a diferent flashing method "available on hexen".
1.2-1.5 boards only need 2 points on the top of the board connected
and 1.6 boards dont have a tsop so cant be flashed.

It may take a little bit longer to do it that way but i belive its much more fool proof. And my recomendation for any 1st time tsop flasher because you can just chose 256k bios and it will expand to the correct size if its too small.

Edited by shambles1980, 22 November 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Raincoat 0.7 is pretty much foolproof too, it will resize a 256k bios. I recommend Evox m8+ bios. (don't use the 1.6 version) You could try my modified raincoat flasher (see a couple threads below). I guarantee it works properly. I'll send you a new xbox if it doesn't wink.gif Oh and all the first splinter cell games work platinum or otherwise.

#5 fish2222

fish2222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

I got it up and running. Thanks guys! Now I just need to figure out the whole replacing the hard drive part!

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

That's easy. Grab HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc), burn to DVD-R. Put it in the DVD drive, connect the new hard drive, boot the Xbox. Once HeXEn boots (about 50 seconds) select option 3.5.3. New Disk, NTSC Xbox or option 3.5.3. New Disk, PAL Xbox - the Passcode for both is AYBX.

Edited by Heimdall, 22 November 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#7 fish2222

fish2222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Here is a question. I copied my saved games to my memory card in my controller. After backing up the eeprom to MU, I can't get to my games. They show up as a save, but the actual circle with a save to move to the hard drive is not there. Of course, I cleaned the hard drive, so there are no saves left on their. Any ideas?

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

What are you trying to achieve?

#9 fish2222

fish2222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

I was trying to get my saved games off of the controller memory card. I figured out that if I launched the MS dashboard, they would show up and I could copy them. I couldn't load the MS dashboard though with the evox bios, so I had to load the IDS bios instead, and then it worked just fine. I copied them to the new hard drive, and now they load in game just fine.

PS - Your boot disc is awesome by the way!

Edited by fish2222, 23 November 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#10 fish2222

fish2222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

So, what would you all recommend as the best BIOS to use? I tried the evox, but of course as above, I has issues with the memory manager and loading the MS dashboard. The IND BIOS seems to work pretty well. Is there anything better about one over the other?

#11 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

I have only used the Ind BIOS. I haven't done that many. I don't have a need to go to the MS Dash, so I'm not sure if I can or not.

I set mine up to boot directly to XBMC.

I like the config file. You can set the boot options up to get rid of the splash screen among other changes.

I'm sure you will like it.

#12 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(fish2222 @ Nov 27 2011, 06:51 AM) View Post

So, what would you all recommend as the best BIOS to use? I tried the evox, but of course as above, I has issues with the memory manager and loading the MS dashboard. The IND BIOS seems to work pretty well. Is there anything better about one over the other?

i like the ind bios, but it does have that stupid bug where you can turn off the console with back and white button, when you should have to use both triggers back and white.
Thats not a problem for most things but if you use coinops then it can be an issue.

So that makes the M8 bios a very strong contender for being the best bios to use.

#13 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Evox M8+ seems good to me, Ind is only cooler cause of the custom boot screens. Not sure why you couldn't load ms dash, I am sure I can load it fine with my M8+ TSOPed xboxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users