Killazincorp

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

I have a 360 elite with a bad dvd-rom. The drive is a Benq and I have purchased a replacement for it. I know that I have to use something like JungleFlasher or DosFlasher to transfer the lock key from one to the other. I looked at the tutorials and found that I also needed a VIA PCI card. I have the original drive connected to the 360 power and the SATA to the PCI card. I have read all the help inside of JF but have not been able to get it to detect the drive at all. I read some other tutorials for DosFlasher. With this, the drive is recognized but when i try to send the magic key I get the MTK Vendor Intro failed. I can't seem to get past this part. It asks if I want to resend the command and to power cycle the drive. No matter what I do I cant get it to work properly. Not exactly sure what the correct process is from this point. Some people say to power off the xbox and then turn it back on again after you press Yes. Others say to disconnect the power cable to the DVD drive and put it back in after you press Yes. Still others say to eject the drive, pull the DVD power for tray to be half way out, and restart the 360. I have tried all of these things with no luck. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks

#2 solidsnake666

solidsnake666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

What OS are you using? Also what VIA card are you using and did you make sure you disable the VIA drivers?

I just flashed a benq this past weekend and it went smoothly for me. I used a ck3 pro for power and pulled the drive key and flashed without issue. I didn't have to have the drive tray out or anything. Just sent an unlock to the drive through JF and read and wrote the firmware.

#3 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Via cards are a pain in the ass if you dont know what youre doing, if you already have sata ports on your motherboard try those and make sure you use the first 2 sata available sata ports.

#4 Killazincorp

Killazincorp

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I have disabled the driver for the sata via 6421 pci card and have started windows in the mode to not require signed drivers. I am also running the programs as administrator. The reason I got the VIA card was because the on board ports are not supported for this operation.

#5 solidsnake666

solidsnake666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Killazincorp @ Nov 23 2011, 09:02 PM) View Post

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I have disabled the driver for the sata via 6421 pci card and have started windows in the mode to not require signed drivers. I am also running the programs as administrator. The reason I got the VIA card was because the on board ports are not supported for this operation.

I had the same problem and had to pick up a VIA. Make sure you're using the right port on the VIA card for the drive. Also on my PC I had to disconnect all other drives for it to detect the xbox drive, otherwise it would just detect my regular DVD ROM and that's all.

#6 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

its a lot easier to buy exactly the same drive and switch the boards
unless of course your using cfw

0 user(s) are reading this topic