5 replies to this topic

#1 astr4twin

astr4twin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hi, i just got a RGH console and have been hours reading guides and am still getting nowhere. What im trying to do seems like only a few simple steps but im getting nowhere fast.

I was originaly wanting to just use an external HDD to run game from Freestyle dash but was told i needed to have an original Xbox HDD on as well. Is this true?

So far i burnt off XEXMenu V1.1 iso and installed it to my 360 HDD and it now shows up in the games folder.

Since then i have been trying to install freestyle dash.

I first formatted my external USB HDD to FAT32, then im putting the four folders FREESTYLE / FSD INDEXER / LAUNCH / SOURCE directly onto the HDD

I then go to XEXMenu to install to HDD but there is nothing there ???
I also tried creating a folder 00007000 on the root of the HDD and put the files in there, go to XEXMenu and copy and paste it to hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00007000

For some reason the files are never there. If i then plug my HDD back into PC the 4 files are gone.

Anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong?

EDIT: Apologies for posting in wrong section.

Thank's in advance.

Edited by astr4twin, 23 November 2011 - 03:34 AM.

#2 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Dash Launch 2.26

#3 Setesh

Setesh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Download dash launch 2.26, run it in sex menu and patch it onto the console, thee is also a sample_launch.ini in the dash launch package you need to put on your internal hdd on the root of the drive ( not in a fold) in the ini, you need to change the line in there where it points to the FSD xex file, eg: hdd:/FSD/default.xex

You need to rename the sample_launch.ini to just launch.ini too
I'd suggest putting freestyle dash in a folder called FSD on the root of the hdd to keep it simple.

So...
1: download dash launch
2: put the installer folder on your Xbox hdd (assume u know how)
3: rename the launch.ini and change the line to point to where your dash launches default.xex file is
4: go into xex menu and navigate to the "installer" folder you just put on and launch it.
5: follow the prompts, apply what settings you want. ( if your unsure google what some do, but most are straightforward ) the console wil want to shutdown after it installs
6; fire up the console again, provided you have put your ini on the root of the hdd and have it pointing to the correct dir of your FSD default.xex it should launch into FSD.

To boot to nxe the default is hold down RB while the console is booting

Hope this helps

#4 Gin Ichimaru

Gin Ichimaru

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Yea what they said.Dashlaunch 2.26 will allow you to boot up freestyle or w/e right up instead of NXE.And I also hate when ppl sell these consoles but don't have tuts or anything with there product lol.Becuz then new ppl don't what to do.

#5 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

It's not the seller's responsibility to teach someone how to use their console, this information is all over the internet and not hard to find.

#6 Gin Ichimaru

Gin Ichimaru

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

I guess:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users