• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hilbil

hilbil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Ok, so I was applying a new coat of thermal paste (Arctic Silver 5), didn't get any on the board just on the CPU and GPU, a very thin layer so it wouldn't flow over onto the board, then i put a small piece of plastic just under the xClamp plastic to make the xClamps tighter, put everything back together, and it won't turn on at all. I was trying to fix my buddies red ring, and I got it working a bit when i took some of the old thermal paste that was on the board and put it onto the chips, but it RRoD shortly after. So I went to pick up some thermal compound today and I cleaned the chips, and the heatsinks, applied the Arctic Silver 5 as stated, and bam... It won't even turn on. Is there something I could of done wrong? It's not the power supplies because I tried 2 and they both work on the other xbox's I have. Please if anybody can help i'd greatly appreciate it.

crap wrong section of the forums.. I'm sorry guys.

#2 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

What color, if any, appears on the psu light.

And if it's in the wrong section why did you post it anyways? I'm a little blink.gif because it doesn't seem like you edited your post to say that, or else it would say "last edited by blah blah blah"

Weird.

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I will move this for you.

Have you looked at all the USB ports? I have found that if one is broken and the metal is contacting the case it won't boot.

I straighten out the pins and make sure it boots. Then I take a glue gun and glue the port closed. That way you don't have problems in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users