• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ishidableach

ishidableach

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Earlier this week I did a hotswap and installed XBMC. It worked fine and has been, however, now I want to replace the original hard drive with a 120GB one I have laying around.

I booted into the disc I burned to do the hotswap originally and unlocked the drive and disabled locking. ATAPWD shows a "-" under the E column, which according to the guide I am following, shows that the hard drive is correctly unlocked and locking is disabled.

To now make a backup image of the drive, I booted back into Windows 7 with my hard drive in my primary IDE slot (my OS hard drive is on SATA) and Windows recognizes the drive (as well as my BIOS), however, it says the drive is "Not initialized." I'm not sure if that's relevant or not.

IPB Image

When opening HDD_Driver, it gives the "I could find no Xbox HDD" error, and when trying to read the drive with Hex Workshop, it only shows my A: drive (which doesn't actually exist; I don't have a floppy drive at all).

I couldn't find the solution through any of the normal methods (Google and searching these forums). Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Edited by ishidableach, 25 November 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#2 ishidableach

ishidableach

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Nevermind, I found a way around it, following this guide.

I FTP'd into the Xbox and copied the C and E partitions to my XboxHDM folder, put me EEPROM in it as well, and reburned the disc. I then reformatted the new drive, locked it, reapplied NDURE (since it wasn't working after switching hard drives) and now it's working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users