#1 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hi Guys,

I finally got to the last stage and flashed using jtag tool, was all excited and unfortunately turned it on and just got a black screen... so I tried 360 multi builder and command nanpro.exe lpt: -w64 nandflash.bin (4 hrs each time I flash...)

Still just get a black screen...

This thread seems to imply a problem with jaspers http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=17241.0 so I dont know what to do now sad.gif Just give up?

The fact that it loaded the xell screen before and I got the cpu key shows my soldering is good right? It looks good to me and Im scared to remove and resolder as Im worried about all the solder coming off and being unable to solder there again. (happend on my practice board after soldering 5-10 times in the same place)

Holding eject wont load xell either... just a green light on the front of the box, a red one on the tx cool runner and a green one (also on the coolrunner) that flashes every few seconds, sometimes it stops flashing green tho after awhile... Left it on for 10+ mins and nothing comes up...

Any ideas?

If I end up going back to stock I need to unsolder the tx coolrunner right? sad.gif

This is really annoying, this has been by far the most complicated mod I`ve ever tried and I was all proud of myself when the xell screen came with the ecc file flashed to it... thought I`d done it... but noooo...

Cooler runner set to phat and nor, only thing I can think of is that I didnt program the chip myself. I bought it pre prgrammed but the place is reputable so it shouldnt be an issue. CB is 6750, so all good there. No bad blocks or any errors in the 3 matching reads I did. I also put the capacitor on ground and A on the cool runner (68nF)

actually multibuilder said something about booting into xell and flashing it that way... Not sure how to boot into xell tho as holding down the eject key does nothing. Does it mean I should try to flash back the ecc file and then load that xell screen with the fusesets and put my USB stick in then?

Confused

Any help appricated...

Edited by kormart, 26 November 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#2 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

I've got similar issues on a falcon I'm trying to sort out.

You don't need to remove the wiring, see the prg/nor switch?

If you flash your stock image back on then you just switch that to prg (it effectively cuts power to the cpld) and it will boot like its not in circuit. Works for me for now.

Edit: If you get xell running again just put xenon.elf (from rawflash v3) and your original nand (renamed to nandflash.bin) in the root of usb stick then press eject to start xell and wait. It will flash back your stock image.
That's when you turn the chip off

Edited by Haygar, 26 November 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#3 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Thanks! Thats really good to know.

I wont flash back to stock yet... 4 hrs to flash is annoying me. Maybe I should have bought a USB flasher but figured since I had lpt here y bother. Now I know why smile.gif.

Hopefully someone will come up with some idea`s... I`d hate to end up on stock after I bought the cool runner and a new soldering iron and got all excited about the idea of playing dlc and all the other things I could do.

PS If u figure out your issue pls post here in case it is the same issue or PM me. Thanks.

#4 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

Ok, will keep you updated if I find out anything.

As for 4hrs, if you flash your ecc file back on (which is way quicker) and get xell to boot then you can try any image you want, stock or hacked. If they won't boot just repeat the procedure and you can try again

#5 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

ok, I`ll give it a go...

I`ll be really suprised if it changes anything tho

#6 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

Ha, ofcourse now the ecc wont load xell sad.gif

Tried about a dozen times...each for 5 mins

Flashing back to original nand the long way, assume this is the correct command in nandpro?

nandpro lpt: -w64 nanddump.bin

the + and - thing confuses me :|

So if it wont load anything on stock nand with tx set to prg then Ive damaged something or have a short or something right? (Already checked with multimeter and everything seems ok to me).

#7 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Gee,

Flashed back to stock and got 3 ROL error code 0022...

Crap!

When I first did the ecc flash and I plugged in to test xell I forgot to plug the fans in and I left it on for a few mins... It crashed once with artifacts on the screen... but I did boot into xell 3 times after that with no issues.

Or could this be a poor solder job somewhere? I just desoldered stby clk as that was the one I found hardest... but still 3 ROL. Dammit. Any ideas?

#8 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(kormart @ Nov 26 2011, 01:53 PM) View Post

Gee,

Flashed back to stock and got 3 ROL error code 0022...

Crap!

When I first did the ecc flash and I plugged in to test xell I forgot to plug the fans in and I left it on for a few mins... It crashed once with artifacts on the screen... but I did boot into xell 3 times after that with no issues.

Or could this be a poor solder job somewhere? I just desoldered stby clk as that was the one I found hardest... but still 3 ROL. Dammit. Any ideas?

Reading through the thread it sounds like you killed your 360. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have fans connected and shroud on with phat units!!!!!

3RLOD can be a bad TSOP image (your NAND restore was verified?) or you left your CPU RST soldered on. remove that (bottom point) and it should boot. IF you KNOW the NAND is 100% stock, then you may have killed the board, and need a reflow/reball under your GPU. These things get quite hot trying to boot up for 5 minutes without any cooling.

Other notes:
As for your stuck jaspers never booting you need a capacitor. i used a 0.1uF across the CPU RST and GND. don't use an electrolytic - it shouldn't have polarity. This caused it to boot instantly. I think its across the F point on Matrix and the A point on TX CoolRunners. Ensure you read into Some say to try 470pF and keep paralleling them up until it boots reliably, determine value (470x amt of caps) and install that one. I never got reliable boots and ran out of caps to parallel so 0.1uF worked great!
Other people with incredibly fussy units suggest a 680pf on CPU PLL and 470pf on CPU RST, both parallel to GND. There is a lot of threads on this, stubborn japser 6750.

Also your wire routing is critical. avoid the inductors (the pieces that look like a tiny PVC pipe was cut and had 14awg wire wrapped around it) on top and bottom side of board! Try to route through southbridge board holes rather than by fan.

If you are getting Xell to boot, but you can't get ggBuild to load, its likley a CB error. Load your stock NAND in Flash Tool and note the CB version, then load your ggBuild NAND in flash tool and see if the CB is same version. If not Multi-builder 0.3 by rodrigo helps with this. Otherwise extract and decrypt your CB and force that to be used in the ggbuild script.

Just some of my humble findings. Hope it helps someone smile.gif

Edited by ruciz, 26 November 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#9 djexentrix

djexentrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

I don't think you killed a Jasper without fans for a few minutes. I would suggest checking the routing of your wiring, especially the 3 in this picture. These will cause dead boots, freezing and other issues. As stated previously the quickest way to test is to flash the ecc file with +w64 and test booting into xell then use rawflash for the final image once you have it booting nicely.

Edited by djexentrix, 26 November 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#10 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

I actually had my blue wire going over that point that says keep wires away from this area. I tried to take some pics but my camera wont zoom in that close sad.gif I just moved it now.
http://imageshack.us...69/001zzqz.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...593/005nky.jpg/

I dont think I killed it with the no fans as a google search seems to identify quite a few more ppl with the same problem...

This link has two ppl with it http://teamxecuter.e...ead.php?t=73933

I cant register there ( says server load too high)

But that last guy`s description is exactly the same as mine.

"Flashed my original NAND back,
Console sits at green light black screen then 3red lights 0022 after about 45 seconds :-/
If I read the nand it matches the original."

Other threads talk about using donar nands and inserting your kv and flashing and getting it working that way... I`ll have to figure out how to do that next I think, I`ll try anything b4 I buy a new box and the missus kills me smile.gif

All my RGH wires are still connected. I dont want to de-solder them yet unless I have to. TX coolrunner is set to prg... ie turned off.

#11 djexentrix

djexentrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:17 AM

0022 is most likely a bridged solder joint or short and my guess would be to check point A (PLL_BYPASS) on the board. Desolder that connection and clean it up and I'll bet it will boot fine.

#12 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

Ive checked with a mulitimeter tho ? Doesnt seem to be any continuity to the other points there.

I just tried to flash to ecc again with no go...

so another 4 hrs to flash back to stock again and then I`ll remove all rgh wires and see what happens.

Cant figure out how to use a doner nand and with my cpu key or wateva... no newb tuts for that one, not sure if it would even help. If anyone knows of a step by step instructional for using a donar nand, I`d like it try it... (Assuming this stock and removing wires doesnt work).

Edited by kormart, 27 November 2011 - 04:16 AM.

#13 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:47 AM

oh and btw I dont get RROD when nand is flashed with ECC or final ggbuild image. Only on stock if that matters, seems weird to me but maybe the glitch is stopping it from booting that far or something.

ecc ggbuild just black screen.

Edited by kormart, 27 November 2011 - 04:48 AM.

#14 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

*Sigh*

Flashed back original nand and removed all rgh wires... Still rrod on 0022.

I still dont think I damgaged it without the fans for a couple mins as it did boot xell 3 different times after that.

Checked all solder pnts b4 and after removal of wires, no continuity where it shouldnt be either way.

Could it get 0022 from carrying the board around in one hard or something? Maybe some kind of flex on the board? ( I had one hand carrying the board and one the power board to and from the computer to flash it and back to the tv to test it. 2-3meters. I did that twice...

Its either a hardware issue or something wrong with the nand I guess?
Anyone in sydney thats good with this stuff? I think Im going to end up with a bulky paper weight ;(

Edited by kormart, 27 November 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#15 kormart

kormart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

Found a guide for making a donor nand...

This is my donor compared to the original. I assume the CB ect that is all different doesnt matter? DVD key and everything all matches.

http://imageshack.us...3/11811021.jpg/

Only thing is all my originals were 64 megs and this donor (obtained from jtag tool downloads) is 512 meg.

Do I flash it back with:

nandpro lpt: -w512 jasper.bin

or

nandpro lpt: -w64 jasper.bin

obviously the 512 is going to take alooooooong time and probably wont make any difference. Im now thinking the board is dead :/ but going to try it anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users