77 replies to this topic

#31 blavoie77

blavoie77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(MrBrightside @ Nov 28 2011, 04:53 AM) View Post

What I'm wondering is if topology data for Non AP2.5 titles is available?
Maybe that quoestion in itself is contradictory, but what I'm trying to ask (with my limited understanding) is that is there no way to get this data for Non AP.25 titles, as I've read that AP2.5 might be on older games, just not activated - so what would happened if we carried on using our current disks and then M'Soft decided to enable it? Would it not make more sense to see if this disk profile data is available now, patch it the same as an AP2.5 title and that way futureproof ourselves and avoid risking a ban or having to reburn our disks?

I was wondering that too.

If AP25 can be triggered via a silent update or through a title update, every game released after FIFA 09 (I believe it was the 1st title with AP25 data even though it was never used) can become AP25 active. I'd rather have a backup of that game patched already in case of AP25 activation.

Furthermore, if the dae.bin is different on each console now, what is stopping them from checking different games on a console by console basis? For instance, my console could activate AP25 on WWE 12 but not on The Cursed Crusade, while it could be the opposite on my friend's console.

To bring it even further, with a little more work on their side, they could even use algorithms to deliver DAE.bin files based on the console's history. For instance, if you've been playing Halo 3, Halo: ODST and Halo Reach, chances are you'll try Halo: CE Anniversary, so they may activate it. There are an avalanche of algorithms doing that nowadays, so I don't think it would be too hard to implement on their side. Someone who's never played a sports game may receive a DAE.bin devoid of checks on NBA 2K12, MLB 2K11, etc. Since the DAE.bin file is rather small and that such algorithms are quite efficient (ie. almost in real time, think of those "other items you may like" on sites like Amazon), I don't see what's stopping them. They have the history on the console (no need to check the gamer tag) and it definitely doesn't require a lot of CPU power to analyze the type of games that are usually played on the console. Even if you've played 100 games, it is still microscopic in terms of what these algorithms can do.

#32 BaDHaBiTt

BaDHaBiTt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(blavoie77 @ Nov 29 2011, 09:34 PM) View Post

I was wondering that too.

If AP25 can be triggered via a silent update or through a title update, every game released after FIFA 09 (I believe it was the 1st title with AP25 data even though it was never used) can become AP25 active. I'd rather have a backup of that game patched already in case of AP25 activation.

Furthermore, if the dae.bin is different on each console now, what is stopping them from checking different games on a console by console basis? For instance, my console could activate AP25 on WWE 12 but not on The Cursed Crusade, while it could be the opposite on my friend's console.

To bring it even further, with a little more work on their side, they could even use algorithms to deliver DAE.bin files based on the console's history. For instance, if you've been playing Halo 3, Halo: ODST and Halo Reach, chances are you'll try Halo: CE Anniversary, so they may activate it. There are an avalanche of algorithms doing that nowadays, so I don't think it would be too hard to implement on their side. Someone who's never played a sports game may receive a DAE.bin devoid of checks on NBA 2K12, MLB 2K11, etc. Since the DAE.bin file is rather small and that such algorithms are quite efficient (ie. almost in real time, think of those "other items you may like" on sites like Amazon), I don't see what's stopping them. They have the history on the console (no need to check the gamer tag) and it definitely doesn't require a lot of CPU power to analyze the type of games that are usually played on the console. Even if you've played 100 games, it is still microscopic in terms of what these algorithms can do.

What does it matter? The topology data is (will be) on the disk in those 24kb which can reply ANY challenge correctly.

#33 blavoie77

blavoie77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(BaDHaBiTt @ Nov 29 2011, 05:11 PM) View Post

What does it matter? The topology data is (will be) on the disk in those 24kb which can reply ANY challenge correctly.

Actually that was the question. Will the new XBC be able to get the topology data from older XGD2 games, regardless of being AP25-activated or not? Will ABGX store the topology data for older titles too, or just for the ones it considers as being AP25 enabled?

My explanations were to put more emphasis on why it would be necessary to store the topology data of every game where AP25 can be triggered, not just the ones that are listed in the dae.bin.

#34 BaDHaBiTt

BaDHaBiTt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(blavoie77 @ Nov 30 2011, 05:15 PM) View Post

Actually that was the question. Will the new XBC be able to get the topology data from older XGD2 games, regardless of being AP25-activated or not? Will ABGX store the topology data for older titles too, or just for the ones it considers as being AP25 enabled?

My explanations were to put more emphasis on why it would be necessary to store the topology data of every game where AP25 can be triggered, not just the ones that are listed in the dae.bin.

Just run the games with the new ABGX360 which will be released with the new firmware b4 burn and you will be fine.

#35 moobypets

moobypets

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

and if you have original disk then the new reader will read that topology and put it into the backup itself and then for safe measure run it trought abgx after lol

#36 col12

col12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

first time i have ever heard of topololgy

#37 winterknights

winterknights

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

think they just updated skyrim, was working fine, then i went back to dashboard, watched "the thing" then tried to play again, now i get unsupported disc. guess its a minimum 4 day wait now!!

Is the "silent" update deletable? playing skyrim or any xgd3 game on my console with my hdd or my friends console and my hdd gives the unsupported disc.

however if we use his hdd in either console the game and all xgd3 games start and run fine...

Surely there is a way we can access the hdd and delete the update? it would have to be in there somewhere?

do we need to compare a not updated hdd to an updated hdd to find the "silent" update?

Edited by winterknights, 02 December 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#38 arsa13

arsa13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Nov 28 2011, 12:56 PM) View Post

Also, it should support reading discs in Mac easier - I never have figured it out, myself...

I haven't had any problems in OS X at all. Even in Lion. I think you are confused (possibly) because you couldn't put the stealth files ABGX uses in the correct folder. You have to enable hidden files and folders via the terminal.

see here: http://www.mikesel.i...os-x-10-7-lion/

I hope that helps!

#39 forg0tmypen

forg0tmypen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

Man I hate posing such obvious noob questions but I find myself in a weird situation:

I have a lite-on 93450c drive flashed to LT+ 1.0. I'm on an old dash: D:2.0.12625.0 (fall 2010).

With the most recent dash coming out yesterday/today, and the news of LTplus v3.0 being the "silver bullet" to the AP 2.5 challenges, I obviously am interested in getting up to date.

I consider myself technically inclined but I have someone else flash my Xbox drive for me as it is admittedly a little over my head.

What do I need to do to get up to date so I do not get flagged for a ban? Sorry, I searched and didn't find anything pertaining to my specific situation.

Thanks for any help, I hope I posted this in the right topic I didn't want to start a new one and clutter up the boards.

#40 sippin40ozs

sippin40ozs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Flash to stock, update to the newest dash, flash to 3.0 when available. All set.

#41 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

so ummmm....what time its being released?

#42 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Dark Mod @ Dec 7 2011, 03:00 PM) View Post

so ummmm....what time its being released?

probably anywhere from this weekend to a month from now. Depends on how long testing takes. Id imagine within 2 weeks from 12/6 as long as testing shows positive.

#43 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Dec 7 2011, 04:15 PM) View Post

probably anywhere from this weekend to a month from now. Depends on how long testing takes. Id imagine within 2 weeks from 12/6 as long as testing shows positive.

sigh......i'm getting too old for this

#44 BaDHaBiTt

BaDHaBiTt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Dark Mod @ Dec 7 2011, 09:34 PM) View Post

sigh......i'm getting too old for this

plus you may need to buy a special burner.

#45 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(BaDHaBiTt @ Dec 7 2011, 04:18 PM) View Post

plus you may need to buy a special burner.

No you need the burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users