xbox990

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Is it possible?

I'm not sure if this is the best way, but I want to run the standard dash, and use GOD files for the games, but still want to use freestyle dash so I can ftp things there, and other fsd stuff.

Do I have to start xex menu and then freestyle dash every time?

I read about QuickBoot, which I have tried but can't seem to copy to the location (via ftp) that it says the file needs to go, also not sure if the path is right.. I can created folders but can't delete or copy files to anywhere in the content folder..

Also, as I want to use the standard dash for now, do I need to use Dash Launch ? is that for if I want to boot directly to fsd ? or do I need it anyway ?

Only just rgh my Jasper, bit confused on things..

Thanks

#2 phookoo

phookoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Dashlaunch is handy for a number of things, such as multidisc games etc, as well as the fact that the patches it installs can stabilise RGH installations on certain motherboards, so installing it is a good idea. But if you want to boot straight into the original NXE, just edit your launch.ini so the line that begins 'Default =' has nothing after it. That way, you'll boot straight into the NXE but have all the extras that the dashlaunch startup offers.

I too had issues with getting FSD2 to show up in the NXE, as I think the tut I read was probably for v1.20, which worked very differently, but although I was an NXE lover originally, I'm actually starting to love the new skins that are available (especially xeon), so you should maybe give it a try. Just as a side note, I still prefer to ftp through xexmenu rather than FSD, but that's just me tongue.gif

#3 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

in your dashlaunch .ini file you can also make it so that if you are holding down a certain button when your console turns on, it will boot straight to FSD. Dashlaunch is definitely a must have.

#4 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Dashlaunch is awesome.

I have it setup so that X = XexMenu, Y = Freestyle 1.20, and RB(as always) = NXE. But default is FSD 2.0 and that is absolutely amazing when setup properly with cover art, TU's ,etc. A real achievement for this generation of console.

#5 xbox990

xbox990

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the replies

I will install dash launch then.. smile.gif

I only want to use the nxe dash because I'm used to it.. lol

Need to have a good look through fsd tuts, and work out how everything works. It would look a lot nicer with cover art and stuff, so hopefully I can get that working, and then decide smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users