bache

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hey guys, I used to have a 360 Arcade that I had flashed.
When I bought a Slim, I sold the Arcade but kept the backups.

Last week I started the flashing process for the Slim (a 0225 board) but when it came to the Kamikaze mod,
Jungleflasher didn't beep and the status didn't change leaving me with a drive that wouldn't stay closed.
Luckily I had backed up the keys before hand, so $90AUD and a week later, I had received a TE Unlocked board.

That's all installed and working fine, but getting back to these backups, do I have to do anything special with them? The one's I'm looking forward to in particular are MW2 and Read Dead Redemption which were both verified with ABGX but were not AP2.5 patched as the Arcade had a Sammy in it.

Do I need to repatch these discs, or am I good to go? Does anybody have a current patching tutorial?

Thanks heaps guys! biggrin.gif

#2 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Wait for LT+3.0 to be released. Normally we use abgx to patch our games but it also needs a new version. Games should be patched with ssv2 and containing proper ap2.5 data. Red Dead does not contain ap2.5 but MW2 does. Stay away from it if you care about LIVE.

Of course ap2.5 will soon be irrelevant but the games will still need to be repatched / reburned once more with the new topology data which contains all the correct ap2.5 responses.

Edited by tomgreen99200, 28 November 2011 - 11:54 AM.

#3 bache

bache

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Nov 28 2011, 08:22 PM) View Post

Wait for LT+3.0 to be released. Normally we use abgx to patch our games but it also needs a new version. Games should be patched with ssv2 and containing proper ap2.5 data. Red Dead does not contain ap2.5 but MW2 does. Stay away from it if you care about LIVE.

Of course ap2.5 will soon be irrelevant but the games will still need to be repatched / reburned once more with the new topology data which contains all the correct ap2.5 responses.

Thanks for the answers.

Am I right in saying any game that doesn't have AP25 is safe (obviously not 100%)?
Even online? In the mean time, I've removed my wireless card from the box.

#4 bache

bache

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(bache @ Nov 28 2011, 09:31 PM) View Post

Thanks for the answers.

Am I right in saying any game that doesn't have AP25 is safe (obviously not 100%)?
Even online? In the mean time, I've removed my wireless card from the box.

Sorry, couldn't edit my post.

Would I be fine playing non-AP2.5 games on LAN?

I've also just read about XGD3. Is it possible to rip XGD3 games with a regular DVD Drive? Can I burn with a regular drive? Apparently they no longer fit onto a regular DVD DL, so what do I use?

#5 bache

bache

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

Anybody?

#6 sippin40ozs

sippin40ozs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

From what I understand no backup is safe online at the moment... which was always the case really. Microsoft has already shown they can and will flash the firmware of the drive with updates. So, I'm sure they can deal with the modded firmware whenever they want.

As far as your question about playing on LAN (non AP25), if you aren't connected to Live, then I see no reason why you can't. As long as the backup is good and verified you should be fine. From everything I've read and experienced there has to be some kind of flag thrown due to the disc you are using, which would trigger a ban when you come online next time. I personally played MW3 truncated version 2 days into the silent dash update and luckily never got updated or banned. As soon as I found out I pulled the ethernet and just played offline. I have cleared the cache since and have done a XBLive connection test and all was successful with no bans. I also tested using Xval and I have no flags showing pending ban either.

Previously I had a non verified burned Gears of War 2 that I had played with no problems. One day I put it in my second modded xbox, which had NEVER been online with it and played a bit. The next time I plugged in the ethernet and connected to live I was greeted with a ban! So, long story short, as long as the game is verified and correct, you should be fine assuming you are using the most recent firmware online. And if you are playing offline make sure you have a verified disc and you should be fine.

Lastly you asked if you can burn with any DVD burner now. Yes, and no. You can truncate MOST discs (not all from what I read). But, these are obviously NOT perfect 1 of 1 copies so you run the risk of getting banned. To burn all data you need a new iHAS Liteon burner. There are different kinds (A and B versions), so make sure you get the right one! They are under $20 shipped so worth it. (Mine came 2 weeks ago and is still in the box!)

I finally just bought an old ELITE system that was unmodded for $50 that I am using for online being as I only play MW3 or a game or two online each year. I will play everything else offline on my modded box. Seems to be the way most people are going nowadays. Much better not having to worry about all the updates and whatnot.

Edited by sippin40ozs, 01 December 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#7 bache

bache

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(sippin40ozs @ Dec 2 2011, 01:27 AM) View Post

From what I understand no backup is safe online at the moment... which was always the case really. Microsoft has already shown they can and will flash the firmware of the drive with updates. So, I'm sure they can deal with the modded firmware whenever they want.

As far as your question about playing on LAN (non AP25), if you aren't connected to Live, then I see no reason why you can't. As long as the backup is good and verified you should be fine. From everything I've read and experienced there has to be some kind of flag thrown due to the disc you are using, which would trigger a ban when you come online next time. I personally played MW3 truncated version 2 days into the silent dash update and luckily never got updated or banned. As soon as I found out I pulled the ethernet and just played offline. I have cleared the cache since and have done a XBLive connection test and all was successful with no bans. I also tested using Xval and I have no flags showing pending ban either.

Previously I had a non verified burned Gears of War 2 that I had played with no problems. One day I put it in my second modded xbox, which had NEVER been online with it and played a bit. The next time I plugged in the ethernet and connected to live I was greeted with a ban! So, long story short, as long as the game is verified and correct, you should be fine assuming you are using the most recent firmware online. And if you are playing offline make sure you have a verified disc and you should be fine.

Lastly you asked if you can burn with any DVD burner now. Yes, and no. You can truncate MOST discs (not all from what I read). But, these are obviously NOT perfect 1 of 1 copies so you run the risk of getting banned. To burn all data you need a new iHAS Liteon burner. There are different kinds (A and B versions), so make sure you get the right one! They are under $20 shipped so worth it. (Mine came 2 weeks ago and is still in the box!)

I finally just bought an old ELITE system that was unmodded for $50 that I am using for online being as I only play MW3 or a game or two online each year. I will play everything else offline on my modded box. Seems to be the way most people are going nowadays. Much better not having to worry about all the updates and whatnot.

Thanks for the help! I played a bit of Call of Duty Modern Warfare (the first) with my brother over LAN. I then check Xval and it's reported nothing.

As for the burner, I ended up buying a iHAS324B a few days ago and I'm just waiting for it to be shipped. I decided I'd much rather pay the $30 for the drive then replace the system.

Now I just need to find a guide on burning with the iHAS drives. I've still got a few blank discs floating around so I should be set!

#8 sippin40ozs

sippin40ozs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Check here:
ihas tutorial

#9 burnsycfc

burnsycfc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(sippin40ozs @ Dec 3 2011, 06:11 PM) View Post

Check here:
ihas tutorial

can some 1 help me ive flashed 4 xbox 360's and 2 of them can play any free region game and the other 2 can only play pal game why is that? r did i do some thing wrong? plz help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users