Photo

How Do I Get Freestyle Dash To Boot On Rgh?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Here is what I have done so far.

Installed coolrunner and got my CPU key from a blue screen xell.

Then I used 360 Multi Builder v0.4 to make my dashlaunch image. I flashed that to my nand.

I boot my system with the eject button with a usb memory stick containing a launch.ini for Freestyle and a folder containing freestyle dash, and it boots directly into a grey screen xell. Anything that I do after that the system stays in Xell.

Please help...

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

Boot with your power button to boot into the hacked dashboard. The eject button boots directly into XeLL.

After that we can work on getting you booting into FSD.

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Boot to normal NXE by pressing power button

Download dashlaunch (latest 2.26) and freestyle dashboard
copy to a USB stick formatted FAT32
make one folder called dashlaunch and one called FSD20 on your USB stick and extract them to the appropriate folder
get the file launch.ini from dashlaunch folder and edit it to say default is FSD20\default.xex and before that you have to edit it to say what device you are launching from. There is an example launch.ini that comes with dashlaunch you can see on what to edit.

Download XEXmenu and burn to CD
Run XEXmenu off CD

While in xexmenu you have to press LB or RB to get to the directories.
When you see the files, then you can use left or right on the dpad to change between HDD, USB, DISC , and Flash

Cut and paste your FSD20 directory and your launch.ini to the root of whatever device you are gonna use as launch. If you use the 360 HDD its easy to copy everything over in XEXmenu, but if you are gonna use a USB stick to hold it, you could just do all the copying over on a PC, but would still have to open XEXmenu then run dashlaunch.

After you copy over FSD20 and launch.ini, go back to your USB stick, go to dashlaunch folder, then to the installer folder, then run the default.xex there.

You will get a black screen with some text and it should tell you it found your launch.ini on your device
It will ask if you want to change settings, say yes and choose which you want. Then it will finish and power down for you. If you had the launch.ini on your USB stick it will find it there first, so if its not your intended boot device for freestyle, make sure you delete it off your stick before running dashlaunch.

Sorry if thats confusing, but thats how I do it and maybe I didn't explain well enough, but I tried..

Edited by BoNg420, 01 December 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#4 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

Thanks for the great help. I'll try this asap and post back.\

Update

ok so when I boot with the eject button it does boot to xell however when I boot with the power button it just sits there with the center green light and no picture.

Edited by skiiermike, 02 December 2011 - 04:19 AM.

#5 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(skiiermike @ Dec 1 2011, 10:04 PM) View Post

Thanks for the great help. I'll try this asap and post back.\

Update

ok so when I boot with the eject button it does boot to xell however when I boot with the power button it just sits there with the center green light and no picture.

What kind of motherboard do you have?

opus zephyr Falcon, jasper 16mb jasper 256mb or jasper 512mb? or slim trinity?

Did you just write the .ecc file or did you also write freeboot after you got the cpu key?

Edited by BoNg420, 02 December 2011 - 04:44 AM.

#6 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

I've got a falcon.

I wrote the .ecc file, got my cpu key, then used multi builder to make the dashlaunch image and wrote that as well.

I also installed dashlaunch via usb like multibuilder said at the end.

Is there something else I should do?

#7 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE(skiiermike @ Dec 1 2011, 11:25 PM) View Post

I've got a falcon.

I wrote the .ecc file, got my cpu key, then used multi builder to make the dashlaunch image and wrote that as well.

I also installed dashlaunch via usb like multibuilder said at the end.

Is there something else I should do?

I dunno. Maybe you did something wrong with multibuilder?

Also reset glitch hack can take a few seconds to boot. Sometimes multiple boots. Try turning it on and off after giving it like 30 seconds to a minute to boot. You can hear the fans and system making humming noises when the system is resetting as they slow down and start up.

Sometimes cold boots seem like they can take a little longer then subsequent boots.

Check your wiring and soldering. Make sure nothing is bridged and make sure wire B is installed good and not touching anything it shouldnt be.

Make your wiring like the below picture on bottom.

http://team-xecuter....m_wires_alt.jpg

#8 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

Thanks again for all the help. I just finished gluing the wires like the picture. Still a no go for booting the dash. I'll try flashing my nand again tomorrow. When I make my nand with multi builder for my cpukey.txt should the letters be in lower case or capitals? I used all capitals.

Is there another program I should try or is multi builder the best?

Something else I just thought of. My nand.bin that I have is from right before the 1604 dash update. It's from the dash that flashed the drives back to stock. Does that matter or is a nand a nand? I would have to think that it is ok because I can boot xell.

Thanks

#9 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(skiiermike @ Dec 2 2011, 12:45 AM) View Post

Thanks again for all the help. I just finished gluing the wires like the picture. Still a no go for booting the dash. I'll try flashing my nand again tomorrow. When I make my nand with multi builder for my cpukey.txt should the letters be in lower case or capitals? I used all capitals.

Is there another program I should try or is multi builder the best?

Something else I just thought of. My nand.bin that I have is from right before the 1604 dash update. It's from the dash that flashed the drives back to stock. Does that matter or is a nand a nand? I would have to think that it is ok because I can boot xell.

Thanks

You need to have your nanddump.bin and cpukey.txt in this directory
\360_Multi_Builder_v0.4\360_Multi_Builder_v0.4\Data\my360

nanddump.bin and cpukey.txt must be named exactly as so. cpu key is fine in all caps. make sure the only text in cpukey.txt is just the cpu key and nothing else

Any bad blocks in your nand read?

Does xell boot fast?

The nand you have.

Did you read it and save it, then apply an update to 13604 and try to use an old nand you read off before you did the update?

#10 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Dec 1 2011, 11:46 PM) View Post

You need to have your nanddump.bin and cpukey.txt in this directory
\360_Multi_Builder_v0.4\360_Multi_Builder_v0.4\Data\my360

nanddump.bin and cpukey.txt must be named exactly as so. cpu key is fine in all caps. make sure the only text in cpukey.txt is just the cpu key and nothing else

Any bad blocks in your nand read?

Does xell boot fast?

The nand you have.

Did you read it and save it, then apply an update to 13604 and try to use an old nand you read off before you did the update?

The nanddump and cpukey was done as you said.

No bad blocks.

Xell boots instantly, everytime.

I have been using my nand from before the 13604 update. Is that the problem?

Edited by skiiermike, 02 December 2011 - 08:04 AM.

#11 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(skiiermike @ Dec 2 2011, 02:03 AM) View Post

The nanddump and cpukey was done as you said.

No bad blocks.

Xell boots instantly, everytime.

I have been using my nand from before the 13604 update. Is that the problem?

If you read your nand, then did the update, then tried to put on freeboot, then you will have problems from what I have seen people post about who did this.

I don't know what you need to do to fix it exactly either. I seen a few posts about it, but I will see if I can find the solution for you.

http://team-xecuter....ad.php?p=480327 <--post #6, hope you understand what he says

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=738569 <-- see post #8 for a better understanding.

Edited by BoNg420, 02 December 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#12 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

You rock...

I just followed the instructions to increase the ldv by one and it worked like a charm. Now I can boot into the retail dash with the power button.

For Xexmenu, The file I downloaded is called xexmenu_v1.1-fix. When I extract that I get two folders. One called media and the other called XeXMenu_v1.1-XEX. Inside the XeXMenu_v1.1-XEX folder the media folder in there appears to be the same as the media folder that is inside the XeXMenu_v1.1-XEX folder.

How and what do I burn to Cd-r for this to work properly?

Thanks again

#13 X4life3

X4life3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Just google how to put Xexmenu on jtag, it will be the same as for the RGH. I would find you a tutorial but gonna get to work. And for any other how to's just good how to do it on a jtag, they will all be the same after you have successfully booted to the hacked dash.

#14 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(skiiermike @ Dec 2 2011, 12:20 PM) View Post

You rock...

I just followed the instructions to increase the ldv by one and it worked like a charm. Now I can boot into the retail dash with the power button.

For Xexmenu, The file I downloaded is called xexmenu_v1.1-fix. When I extract that I get two folders. One called media and the other called XeXMenu_v1.1-XEX. Inside the XeXMenu_v1.1-XEX folder the media folder in there appears to be the same as the media folder that is inside the XeXMenu_v1.1-XEX folder.

How and what do I burn to Cd-r for this to work properly?

Thanks again

You sure one of them isn't an ISO.

I think one is an ISO file and the other is just the contents of the ISO.

Open the ISO and burn it, no need for dual layer either.

#15 skiiermike

skiiermike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

Ok I found it and I'm downloading it as we speak. Assuming that everything will work for me now, Is there a guide or a quick way to explain what format my games need to be in to work and where they need to be?

I swear I searched for all this stuff but I haven't had much luck for RGH tuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users