• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 garvin95

garvin95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

I have an xbox 360 that has a dead dvd drive, the only way to get the key off of the drive is through a chip programmer which runs from $75 - $175. I already have the extra drive that is working and matches the original hitachi drive but the dead one needs the key removed to add the other drive to the xbox and it to be fully functional.

I have heard of people paying $30 to ship the drive to someone that will remove the key with the chip programmer and send you the key to put on the new drive. If anyone knows of anyone that is able to do this process, Please let me know. Again, i need the key associated with the drive from microsoft to be extracted to be added to my new drive so my xbox will be functioning again.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. It's much appreciated!3

#2 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

if the drives are the same just swap the drive boards wink.gif

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

I PMed you

#4 garvin95

garvin95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Dec 2 2011, 01:44 AM) View Post

if the drives are the same just swap the drive boards ;)

How am I gonna swap boards the original is dead I assume you mean the chip and if so I dont have poxy remover . Please explain in better detail.

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:05 PM) View Post

I PMed you

I also pmd you the details you asked were already in my original thread.

EDIT: I ran the drive test with a sata cable chip to confirm its dead.
what would you be sending me back I thought you email the file back to save from two shipping charges?

Edited by garvin95, 10 December 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#5 garvin95

garvin95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

Bump still need someone with a chip programmer for my drive.

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Extracting the key from the chip can only be done with older Hitachi and Samsung drives. If you have a Liteon this cant be done at all.

If a Liteon then your only option is to remove the ic chip from the circuit board and put it onto a working liteon circuit board. Or RGH mod the console to get the drive key that way.

#7 garvin95

garvin95

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Dec 11 2011, 11:07 AM) View Post

Extracting the key from the chip can only be done with older Hitachi and Samsung drives. If you have a Liteon this cant be done at all.

If a Liteon then your only option is to remove the ic chip from the circuit board and put it onto a working liteon circuit board. Or RGH mod the console to get the drive key that way.

As I said in my post its a hitatchi, I know what I need & I know that it can be done.
All I need is someone with a chip programmer to take the chip OFF the dead drive and put it on the programmer.
I know everything I need to about the process, I work on xboxs every other week I just refuse to pay $175 for a tsop chip programmer.

#8 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(garvin95 @ Dec 11 2011, 03:46 PM) View Post

As I said in my post its a hitatchi, I know what I need & I know that it can be done.
All I need is someone with a chip programmer to take the chip OFF the dead drive and put it on the programmer.
I know everything I need to about the process, I work on xboxs every other week I just refuse to pay $175 for a tsop chip programmer.

As long as you dont need anything shipped back to you then $20 should cover it. If interested email me at sales@prestige-mods.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users