• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

Xecuter CPU_RST PCB Solution For Slims - New SLIM POST QSB
Posted by XanTium | December 4 22:23 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

Those that have fitted a CoolRunner to an Xbox Slim will be no stranger to the fact that it can take a great deal of trial and error to get the optimized boot times down to less than 5 seconds.

The main issue is the CPU_RST wire which has to be up to 50cm long and then coiled underneath the motherboard. In many cases the positioning of the coil is a factor due to signal interference. Then you have to try different lengths, 40cm,

We believe we have developed a simple yet elegant solution for this problem.

Using the process of serpentining, we have designed a QSB PCB for the 360 slim that fits neatly into place, giving you an optimized solution enabling you to select several different lengths without having to cut any wires and eliminates any guess work and possible signal interference issues.

Since the CoolRunner has been out in the wild, we have collected data from hundreds of testers and implemented the optimum lengths that were reported as giving the most consistently good results.

Simply cut the blue CPU_RST wire to 8cm and then you can select from 50cm, 47cm, 41cm, 38cn, 35cm, 32cm & 29cm.

We have also included all the POST points for the developers out there who wish to use that part of NANDPRO 3 that was implemented by Tiros.

To give you an idea of how the serpentining is used, I've adjusted some values in photoshop so you can get a better idea

CPU_RST PCB Solution Slim - Coolrunner
We hope to have this on sale next week at only $3.95

We also suggest that you look at the instructions again as we have posted other troubleshooting solutions that may help you get the absolute best from your RGH install.

Official Site: http://team-xecuter.com
Buy: CoolRunner / NAND-X / Phat QSB Kit / Slim QSB Kit

#2 InvidiousDemise

InvidiousDemise

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

More shit to buy? Golly gee willakers I guess I'll have to get this when I decide to do a slim.

#3 Blargharg

Blargharg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

I really don't understand why this can't be done with a few resistors. I mean seriously, what is the logic here? What's the science behind this? Or is it just trial and error, throw shit at the wall and see what sticks type of thing? Also, while I'm perfectly happy to pay 5$ for a QSB that saves me time on install & is reusable for future dumps/writes, I'd much rather stick with the 50cm wire than pay another 4 bucks for this.. this thing.

#4 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

shouldn't it already come with the tx coolrunner...

meh not buying. my slim loads fines..takes 5 something seconds maybe..I used keyner wrapping wire and not the wires come with tx coolrunner.

#5 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Blargharg @ Dec 5 2011, 05:53 AM) View Post

I really don't understand why this can't be done with a few resistors. I mean seriously, what is the logic here? What's the science behind this? Or is it just trial and error, throw shit at the wall and see what sticks type of thing? Also, while I'm perfectly happy to pay 5$ for a QSB that saves me time on install & is reusable for future dumps/writes, I'd much rather stick with the 50cm wire than pay another 4 bucks for this.. this thing.

It's not down to resistance, it's down to timing, namely the time it takes for the signal to travel down half a metre of wire. Look at any modern motherboard and you'll see bus tracks wiggling, it's done to ensure all the tracks of the bus are the same length and the bits therefore arrive simultaneously.

Half a metre of wire will do the job just as well, but ideally will need to be tacked in place in a location where it's not going to interfere with or pick up interference from other tracks. The fact that the wire on this new PCB zigzags ought to help in that respect as well, coil it and it becomes an inductor. This is a neater way to pack in a 50cm wire that's going to stay put without needing to be glued in place.

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Dec 5 2011, 07:50 AM) View Post

Definitely.

#6 col12

col12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

tell you what executer everyone that bought a coolrunner send them one for free so the device ie coolrunner works as it should. starting to get like m$ greedy

the cool runner has been out in the wild for a while now we have had lots of feed back from testers NOT MEAN LOYAL CUSTOMERS .we have made a product that will make the product you bought from us work

#7 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(col12 @ Dec 5 2011, 08:17 AM) View Post

tell you what executer everyone that bought a coolrunner send them one for free so the device ie coolrunner works as it should. starting to get like m$ greedy

the cool runner has been out in the wild for a while now we have had lots of feed back from testers NOT MEAN LOYAL CUSTOMERS .we have made a product that will make the product you bought from us work

Oh come on now, you paid $20 + sh to be a beta tester!

Edited by BoNg420, 05 December 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#8 LordX

LordX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Very lame PCB ,
many solder pads for deferent size , why not to use 1 pad for a wire and jumpers ?! even solder jumpers.
and why not to found away to fix the CPU_RST in the first place and make it more stable without all this lame tricks.

#9 valkirie

valkirie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

I personally do not care much for this device. My xbox slim has different boot time, but I honestly dont care for all the benefits it brings. So what I have to sometimes wait a minute for boot. I am just going to play with the wire to see if I find a sweet spot that will get the timing down to something lower.

#10 Blackaddr

Blackaddr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

This is getting out of hand with all these silly wire lengths and loops.

If you install your CPLD board right next to the CPU_RST point, and keep the wire under 1" there shouldn't be any interference on that signal. Why does everyone insist on putting it on top of the AVIP? Sure it's easy, but you're giving yourself bigger headaches.

If you try different timing values in the CPLD you can also optimize the timing for your particular console. Why spends days playing with wire lengths, spend an afternoon to learn to compile you own JED.

50 cm wires with loops? Come on, KISS.

Edited by Blackaddr, 05 December 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#11 ninja x

ninja x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

not bad for people buying it now... not good for early adopters + damn right it should've come in the kit.

kinda pisses me off - but that's the name of the game with technology. everyone is in a hurry to be the first out to make a sell - then they take their time to improve the product progressively.

Edited by ninja x, 05 December 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#12 shtewps

shtewps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Jesus.. add a f*cking switch FFS. Not 50 pads to constantly move your wires to while testing.

You need this to improve your coolrunner, now come out with something to improve this BEFORE people buy it.

(agreed it should come bundled with kits -- resellers should be offering this item at cost for customers who have already purchased a CR)

Edited by shtewps, 05 December 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#13 xiaNaix

xiaNaix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Dec 5 2011, 02:50 AM) View Post

meh not buying. my slim loads fines..takes 5 something seconds maybe..I used keyner wrapping wire and not the wires come with tx coolrunner.

if its included - what a complete waste of time and money for those that buy a coolrunner who are going to mod a phat

some of you need to think before typing wink.gif

and if yours is booting in 5 seconds - then why would you even consider getting this ? You wouldn't.

Its also nothing to do with the wire you use. The impedance of that wire supplied with the coolrunner is the same as kynar

This seems like a great addon to make the job even easier than before. You dont want it ? keep your $3.95 and dont buy it. simple.

Edited by xiaNaix, 05 December 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#14 xiaNaix

xiaNaix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(shtewps @ Dec 5 2011, 12:28 PM) View Post

Jesus.. add a f*cking switch FFS. Not 50 pads to constantly move your wires to while testing.

You need this to improve your coolrunner, now come out with something to improve this BEFORE people buy it.

(agreed it should come bundled with kits -- resellers should be offering this item at cost for customers who have already purchased a CR)

A switch doesn't work - it plays with the impedance of the line - there was a big discussion about it on IRC. You dont think this stuff is tested while its being made ? So naive.....

And why should free ones be offered ? this is a tool to make a job easier - not to fix something that was broken

All you armchair complainers - why dont you make your own solutions instead of whining like little bitches ?

QUOTE(Blackaddr @ Dec 5 2011, 10:29 AM) View Post

This is getting out of hand with all these silly wire lengths and loops.

If you install your CPLD board right next to the CPU_RST point, and keep the wire under 1" there shouldn't be any interference on that signal. Why does everyone insist on putting it on top of the AVIP? Sure it's easy, but you're giving yourself bigger headaches.

If you try different timing values in the CPLD you can also optimize the timing for your particular console. Why spends days playing with wire lengths, spend an afternoon to learn to compile you own JED.

50 cm wires with loops? Come on, KISS.

Your comment was useless and ill informed about why this is required in the first place

its nothing to do with resistance and everything to do with timing.

if you think its as easy as making your own CPLD code then go for it and share with everyone.......

You have to laugh at some of you - you post like you're technical in any way and that you know more than the engineers who work at places like Xecuter lol rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(LordX @ Dec 5 2011, 08:53 AM) View Post

Very lame PCB ,
many solder pads for deferent size , why not to use 1 pad for a wire and jumpers ?! even solder jumpers.
and why not to found away to fix the CPU_RST in the first place and make it more stable without all this lame tricks.

Jumpers were tested - as well as switches - they affected the impedance. if you had any clue you'd understand this. Same reason as to why a cable hardness wasn't used on the coolrunner. You don't think all this is tested first ? Similar conversations on IRC about it and you had to laugh at the kids who thought they knew more. the naivety is staggering - but its video games scene - what do you expect?

maybe you should fix the CPU_RST issue in the first place because you are obviously smarter than Tiros who spent over a year designing the hack......

Edited by xiaNaix, 05 December 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#15 cornnatron

cornnatron

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Im sorry to say xiaNaix but i think Blackaddr knows what he is talking about
he was also involved with first jtag i thought
and as far as i know he came up with the Transistor wiring with aud clamp for the first jtag
so more than enough technical knowhow

could you tell me where you helped with the scene or did you just read the irc.
becouse your comming over like a true Xecuter fanboy.

@blackaddr any tips on finding better timings for specific consoles?

Edited by cornnatron, 05 December 2011 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users