• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

The only way I've seen to play mkv's properly and without streaming through your PC is to use Showtime media player for the ps3.

you can't just play mkv's on a xbox360. I tried and could not do it. I had to use tversity and stream from the pc. but that's suck a waste of electricity.

#17 thugsters

thugsters

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I use ffplay, sucks when it freezes though as fast forward and stuff don't work all that well...So if your movie stops you are pretty much scre*ed...Even if you get fast forward to work I find it's always out of sync after...I would say maybe 75% of the time it works great but can't play files over 4gigs obvious reasons.

P.s. I do love it for the new x264 rips that have been coming out for tv though..Nice and small and without ffplay the xbox won't see them..

#18 dayvey

dayvey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I came across this the other day, it lets my Xbox see and play mkv's just fine - I sh*t you not wink.gif

http://shark007.net/win8codecs.html

or

http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html

I'm using x64 Win 8, haven't tried the other options (note there's an extra file to download for the 64 bit versions of either os). Just to clarify, im playing using the system video player on the 360 - not the Xbox Video or whatever the new video player thingy is.

Unsure if I its ok to link to other sites, if not then admins please remove this post. If all is good then I hope this solves many peoples issues! smile.gif

Edited by dayvey, 27 November 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#19 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

its times like these that I realize how much I miss my old xbox and XBMC smile.gif just saying...

#20 dayvey

dayvey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(competes2win @ Nov 28 2012, 04:31 AM) View Post

its times like these that I realize how much I miss my old xbox and XBMC smile.gif just saying...

Well there's nothing stopping you still using it, although getting the old Xbox to spit out HD video may be a tad tricky.

..........of course you could always try XBMC on one of the multitude of platforms it's now available on, including the 25 Raspberry PI which is perfectly capable of full 1080p playback? Or maybe Android is more your thing?

wink.gif

#21 fchenaj

fchenaj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

The mkv's now show under my regular video player but it still says the content is unsupported. Is there something else I need to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users