• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kikaida2011

kikaida2011

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:35 AM

Before i post id just like to say im a long time reader, and first time poster. Also id like to thank everyone for the information provided on these forums.

My situation is i have an RROD console and i use it to power on my dvd drives to flash them, and it works fine for that. However the console will RROD then get super hot(after maybe 7-10min) and then go to 2 lights at which point it cuts power to the dvd drive.

What id like to do is modify this rrod console to stay in a constant 3 rings of death without over heating and going to 2 lights. So that i can use it to power my benq 0800 for ripping.

The only idea i have possibly to get it to do this to work would be to pull the gpu, i have tried searching and reading and cannot seem to find any info on whether if I pull the gpu the console will still give power to the dvd drive.

I know i can get the ck3 but would like to try this first if possible.

Sorry if this has been answer before.
Thank you for your time.

#2 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

It will power DVD with no GPU at all. You will also not need any video connector connected to the console with no GPU, it will not shut down. The CPU will still get hot and need fans.

#3 DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(relaxxx @ Dec 11 2011, 10:20 PM) View Post

It will power DVD with no GPU at all. You will also not need any video connector connected to the console with no GPU, it will not shut down. The CPU will still get hot and need fans.

It eventually shuts off if you dont have a video connector pluged in. I have tried it.

#4 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

You've tried it with absolutely no GPU soldered to the motherboard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users