Photo

Old Version Of Lt+ And Dashboard, Need Advice On How To Update...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 forg0tmypen

forg0tmypen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Man I hate posing such obvious noob questions but I find myself in a weird situation:

I have a lite-on 93450c drive flashed to LT+ 1.0. I'm on an old dash: D:2.0.12625.0 (fall 2010).

With the most recent dash coming out yesterday/today, and the news of LTplus v3.0 being the "silver bullet" to the AP 2.5 challenges, I obviously am interested in getting up to date.

I consider myself technically inclined but I have someone else flash my Xbox drive for me as it is admittedly a little over my head.

What do I need to do to get up to date so I do not get flagged for a ban? Sorry, I searched and didn't find anything pertaining to my specific situation.

Thanks for any help, I hope I posted this in the right forum.

#2 forg0tmypen

forg0tmypen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

No one likes you Louie!!! tongue.gif

#3 filletofish

filletofish

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

1. Flash to stock MAKE SURE YOU FLASH THE PRE-XXXX STOCK FIRMWARE IN THE FIRMWARE PACK THAT IS EASY TO FIND. (read firmware from drive, then download the jungle flasher pack that includes all firmwares, load the correct stock firmware and inject your drives key\serial\etc).

2. Update your Xbox 360 to latest dash, this will update the stock firmware to the "POST xxxx" dashboard update.

3. Flash your drive with the relevent firmware using the "POST xxx" firmware and injecting your firmware key\serial\etc that you got from step 1.

This is covered in numerous places and I don't think you are "technically inclined" to be honest if you couldn't find this out for yourself.

note...

You may need some additional hardware depending on your drive etc.

Do a google, the info is all there.

ALTHOUH!!!

Don't do any of this until LT3.0 is out as you will only have to do it again and doing it now flashing LT2.0 will mean that you cannot play AP2.5 games without being flagged, so basically wait till LT3.0 then do the above. I've put "XXX" for the dashboard version because I've not got the inclination to check exactly which dashboard and onwards began flashing your drive to stock. The info is in the firmware pack thouh that is easily available.

#4 forg0tmypen

forg0tmypen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(filletofish @ Dec 10 2011, 07:12 PM) View Post

1. Flash to stock MAKE SURE YOU FLASH THE PRE-XXXX STOCK FIRMWARE IN THE FIRMWARE PACK THAT IS EASY TO FIND. (read firmware from drive, then download the jungle flasher pack that includes all firmwares, load the correct stock firmware and inject your drives key\serial\etc).

2. Update your Xbox 360 to latest dash, this will update the stock firmware to the "POST xxxx" dashboard update.

3. Flash your drive with the relevent firmware using the "POST xxx" firmware and injecting your firmware key\serial\etc that you got from step 1.
This is covered in numerous places and I don't think you are "technically inclined" to be honest if you couldn't find this out for yourself.

note...

You may need some additional hardware depending on your drive etc.

Do a google, the info is all there.

ALTHOUH!!!

Don't do any of this until LT3.0 is out as you will only have to do it again and doing it now flashing LT2.0 will mean that you cannot play AP2.5 games without being flagged, so basically wait till LT3.0 then do the above. I've put "XXX" for the dashboard version because I've not got the inclination to check exactly which dashboard and onwards began flashing your drive to stock. The info is in the firmware pack thouh that is easily available.

Thank you friend.

Although my search attempts were in vain, I still maintain that I know my way around not only software and computers but cars and other mechanical devices. I should have been more specific in my post. I was aware of the need to flash back to stock firmware before updating, what my search failed to show was if this method pertained to someone on my specific dash revision and drive firmware. There are so many variables I wanted to be absolutly sure of what steps needed to be taken to proceed towards getting fully up to date. Thank you very much I will certainly make sure whoever flashes my DVD drive knows to take these steps.

Cheers,

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users