#16 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 September 2003 - 04:35 PM

This is a reminder that you should not run programs from untrusted sources.
Just as people can post images that are obscene before we remove them, people can post links to malicious programs.

So if someone posts it in a thread here at xbox-scene, that does not make it inherently safe to run.

ADMIN EDIT: trusted source -> XBINS

#17 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:01 PM

I forgot to do this the other day...

Welcome SHANAFAN, HEINRICH, and BRAHM2 as HEAD MODS. They've worked hard.. and deserve the position. I'm sure they'll work even harder still.

Good news for all of the head mods.. soon we'll be ready to move the site over to the new soft. When we do.. your HEAD MOD accounts will have access to TEMP BAN/MUTE Privs. Eg. 0-300 hours/days.

This should give you guys the responsiveness you need to maintain the forums during our absence. (me, xan, syrus.)

The new soft is still being tested.. and we like what we see. To the average user.. the differences will be transparent. (almost)

#18 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:19 PM

:::sigh:::

OK, people, I've said all this before, so I'll make it very short. Several people have been banned from this board recently. They were TOLERATED for entirely too long.

If you cannot accept that, please PM HSDEMONZ directly to be banned, rather than waste our time with pissy little complaint posts (I'm pionting at you, Hulk, erm, Plehem12). It really is a shame that some have been caught up in this mess, but crossing the line is crossing the line.

Moderators and admins are the FINAL AUTHORITY. Whiners and criers can check their angst at the door when visiting, because your antics are not welcome here.

Thank you, those who are actually reading this post. We are trying to KEEP Xbox-Scene the #1 Xbox site (and one of the top 100 sites in the WORLD in ANY category), the best site for information ahd support for the Xbox, and most importantly, a FRIENDLY place for people to chat without being constantly insulted and harrassed.

#19 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:30 AM

POST COUNT was disabled MONTHS ago in non-technical forums. This includes General, Comments/Complaints, Comedy, BST. It was disabled to cut back on spamming, post count races, and has generally worked well so far.

All threads in the future regarding this much-discussed topic will probably be trashed or merged into a big junky thread (linked for ease of mod merging).

September 15, 2003 smile.gif

#20 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:53 AM

CONTESTS/GIVEAWAYS
================

Any NON-SPONSORS from now on who want to promote themselves, or their shops etc.. must now contact XANTIUM or MYSELF before posting a THREAD in GENERAL or other popular areas.

For the Time being.. if your shop want to give away goods/prizes in your B/S/T thread.. you may do so. EDIT: NON SPONSORS ARE NO LONG ALLOWED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
XBOX SCENE is not responsible in any way for any of these contests. Prizes are furnished by the shops involved. No Guarantee of fitness or mechantability of the prizes.

Current Pinned contests from NON-SPONSORS are allowed to continue. Future contests posted in core forums need to be approved by XANTIUM or MYSELF.

#21 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 07:26 AM

EBAY
-----

Do not posts links to EBAY or other auctions.. that are selling BACKUPS (either HD based or CD/DVD Media based)

XS consider's it the same as you selling them in BST.. and you'll be treated accordingly.

We don't need people here "announcing" that EBAY lets some of that shit in the back door.

#22 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

2004.. New Year.. and some New Blood.

Welcome IRIEZ to the HEAD MOD staff.

#23 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:47 PM

Additional rules posted in this thread.. are considered GLOBAL across the site. Contact me if you need clarification.

Click-Me Contests.. plz don't post these in General or other forums in an effort up up yours or a friends contest standing. It's tend to end up be ethically unsound.. and unfair to others who don't hound people. Bottom line.. XS isn't here to help you or your friends profit in a contest. We'll consider this spam.

BIT TORRENTS - Links to TORRENTS are not allowed on XS. Well over 95% of all torrents links or gate sites lead to warez.. so we simple won't allow the links to them here.

I might review this down the road.

#24 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:14 AM

The dedicate single forum mods rarely get mentioned around here.. and we've had alot of new addition to the team lately...

devz3ro, RiceCake & Mordenkainen - GameSave Exploit, DashBoard Exploit

porsj - Kai Beta Forum

lookformeb - Team Xecuter Chips (Xecuter1, Xecuter2 & Xecuter3)

Yuyu - All MXM related forums

daviefresh1775, hydraulix, unleashx - Official UnleashX Forum

DuDeR MaN - Xbox Game Review

I'm sure I've missed one or two of the recent additions. I'll check against the master list later.

Welcome to the team guys.

The continued hard work of the entire staff is appreciated. Keep up the great work.

-----------------------

Some stats for noisy people who like that kind of stuff...

www.xbox-scene.com http://www.nedstatba...nk=1&id=2176266
Recent hits...
25 January 2004 109676
26 January 2004 113232
27 January 2004 112442
United States makes up 46.5 % of the hits.

forums.xbox-scene.com http://www.nedstatba...nk=1&id=2474393
Recent daily hitz...
25 January 2004 88941
26 January 2004 92614
27 January 2004 93333
United States makes up 56.9 % of the hits.

Forums Total Members 95731
Forums Total Unique Topics 157733
Forums Total Replies to topics 919145

#25 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 11:08 AM

Juggerbot's Scam : http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=170501

Keeping perm link here so we can remove the pin. Just a note.. If XS ever starts a donation scheme where you can send money to XS to help support this site.. you will see the news of it in PIN TOPICS here.. and as news on the NEWS Page.

No XS Staff member will ever contact you publicly or via PM to donate money to XS.

XS is supports by those pretty ads you see scatttered all over the place.

#26 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:33 PM

Alright, just a reminder, Posting on Xbox-Scene is a privilege NOT A RIGHT.

Also If you have any questions about why a topic is locked, or a post is edited, or anything else PM me and Iíll be more than happy to discuss your concerns.

#27 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

No Halo2 Hacking/modding/piracy Discussion Allowed

New XS Rules: http://pictures.xbox...rules/Rules.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users