rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

So I've been having problems with this CB6750 jasper. Boot times in the 10-15 minute range. Finally through days of troubleshooting, found that a 680pf cap works.

So I went to mod the dvd drive. Flashed LT 025 2.0 to an 8 series liteon. Booted fine, then the dash froze. So, thinking it is the drive firmware, I flashed back to stock. Same deal. Sometimes it doesn't glitch with the dvd drive attached. Unplug the dvd drive and no problems whatsoever. I don't *think* this was happening before the drive was flashed, but it could have. Electrical taped the entire bottom of the drive thinking it was shorting out a wire on the chip (which I've hotglued, so I don't know how that would happen). No difference. Having the dvd drive out of the metal shell seems to solve this issue. I'm really confused.

I....wat? Suggestions? I've just about had it with this CB6750 jasper.

#2 Siilentone

Siilentone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Dec 13 2011, 05:31 PM) View Post

So I've been having problems with this CB6750 jasper. Boot times in the 10-15 minute range. Finally through days of troubleshooting, found that a 680pf cap works.

So I went to mod the dvd drive. Flashed LT 025 2.0 to an 8 series liteon. Booted fine, then the dash froze. So, thinking it is the drive firmware, I flashed back to stock. Same deal. Sometimes it doesn't glitch with the dvd drive attached. Unplug the dvd drive and no problems whatsoever. I don't *think* this was happening before the drive was flashed, but it could have. Electrical taped the entire bottom of the drive thinking it was shorting out a wire on the chip (which I've hotglued, so I don't know how that would happen). No difference. Having the dvd drive out of the metal shell seems to solve this issue. I'm really confused.

I....wat? Suggestions? I've just about had it with this CB6750 jasper.

The wires could be causing interference when plugged in, Where is your chip located?

I had an issue with a 6750 but i got a 100nF capacitor from GND->F pad on the board with a 32cm 'A' wire and it boots almost instantly or close to it.

#3 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

interference.

#4 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Actually, the error was apparently related to the resistors for the STBY_CLK point. If the resistor above the point where you're supposed to solder becomes "damaged", attaching a dvd drive or HDD causes the xbox to freeze/not boot. Interestingly enough, the xbox boots with the resistor completely removed, but plugging in a dvd drive/hdd causes boot failure.

The one where you're supposed to solder was damaged, so I replaced it with a 33 ohm resistor. Then I replaced the one above it. I have no idea why the second one was damaged, but the first one was screwed because the wire gauge I used was like 20 gauge, so the littlest bit of movement caused it to completely lift the pad.

I maintain that the STBY_CLK point in most tutorials is a REALLY bad place to solder. Lifting the pad/causing any damage results in far worse consequences than simply "I lifted a pad, have to find an alternative". Causes the xbox to not even power on.

I was going to update when I figured this out, but I still had no posts in my thread.

Edited by rastaman108037, 17 December 2011 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users