Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

After trading my 4GB Slim for a MW3 Console I soldered a connector for the 4GB Internal mem unit and noticed it does not work on the Retail Dash. I have my MW3 Console setup with a Dual Nand Cygnos360v2 board and have the Cygnos360 nand setup with a banned KV from a 4GB Slim Console. When I have the RGH Image selected and load the hacked Dash the 4GB Internal Mem unit works great. If I select the retail stock dash it does not load the 4gb Internal Memory unit.

In conclusion I have found that the Keyvault for the 250GB and Limited edition Console disables the ability for the console to see the internal memory unit. If you Glitch the Slim and use a KV from a Slim that had a 4GB Internal Memory unit it works fine.

Now I have Freestyle Dash loaded on the Internal memory unit and it is separated from my HDD.

Here is a guide on how to add the 4GB Internal Memory Unit if anyone else wants to do it.

http://unmrkd.net/he...l-edition-slim/

Edited by Antman1, 13 December 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#2 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Nice! That's a clever way to keep your homebrew material off of your stock hard drive.

#3 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

the 4gb module is indeed tied to the KV. this has been known. i still wouldn't trust it though. idealy you don't want ANYTHING common between retail dash and glitch, especially a 'protected' filesystem from ms itself. who knows what they plan on doing later to allow that module to work allowing them to read the contents.
if they did read it, im sure it would be an instaban. theres only one way to get data onto that module and that shows right there that in some shape or form you were mucking with the console.

#4 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(Morning Call @ Dec 15 2011, 04:40 PM) View Post

the 4gb module is indeed tied to the KV. this has been known. i still wouldn't trust it though. idealy you don't want ANYTHING common between retail dash and glitch, especially a 'protected' filesystem from ms itself. who knows what they plan on doing later to allow that module to work allowing them to read the contents.
if they did read it, im sure it would be an instaban. theres only one way to get data onto that module and that shows right there that in some shape or form you were mucking with the console.

I'll keep everyone posted. I have had my JTAG content and files on my stock HDD for a long time before the RGH even came out and no console of mine ever got banned or profile suspended. I dont think it is an issue at all. I just like having my Homebrew FSD dash and Apps on the internal Mem Unit so that I can switch hard drives and USB devices without worrying about my FSD Data.

I also never found anything stating the 4GB Mem unit was tied to the KV though. There was speculation and no confirmation.

Edited by Antman1, 15 December 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#5 mimk97

mimk97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Dec 16 2011, 12:46 AM) View Post

I'll keep everyone posted. I have had my JTAG content and files on my stock HDD for a long time before the RGH even came out and no console of mine ever got banned or profile suspended. I dont think it is an issue at all. I just like having my Homebrew FSD dash and Apps on the internal Mem Unit so that I can switch hard drives and USB devices without worrying about my FSD Data.

I also never found anything stating the 4GB Mem unit was tied to the KV though. There was speculation and no confirmation.

do you have a 4Gb Keyvault for me :-)

#6 k0mpresd

k0mpresd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Dec 15 2011, 05:46 PM) View Post

ive had jtag content (xexmenu) on my retail hdd ever since the first release of the software and never a ban of any type.

also, i have a halo reach console with the connector for the 4gb module. all i did was plug the module on and it worked no problem.

#7 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

im not saying ms will ban you guys just that there is a chance. best way to stay safe is to keep everything separate. that is all.

you have to assume that anything in common between the two types of dashboards can be used against you in a court of microsoft smile.gif

#8 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

just thought of something you could do.

you've already got dual nand working, so why not disable the 4gig module when booted to retail dash utilizing the CE wink.gif

#9 marcus.miranda

marcus.miranda

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hello guys,

Good day to you all!

I'm bringing this topic up again with a question: I have a Slim Gears 3 Limited Edition dual boot console without the 4Gb connector, so I'm assuming I have a KV that has the INTMU disabled (assuming because I have not tested it yet). If I have the INTMU disabled and use this MOD to add a 4Gb module, will it be safe to use this HW MOD online on my retail NAND or should I somehow cut the 4Gb power when switching to the retail NANDs?

If disabling is the choice, what should I use to disable it (switch, MOSFET, any other component)?

Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users