9 replies to this topic

#1 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Heimdall or anyone knowledgeable

sorry to bother you but i have been reading a lot on the forum and you seem very knowledgeable and was wondering if you can help answer some questions i may have.

My sister has a softmodded xbox, it is version 1.0, i do not know how it was softmodded, my question to you is, somehow the msdashboard is the only thing that loads now. Before when this used to happen, it was because the (i believe it was evox, because an evox.ini file is present) evox dashboard was being over written with the msdashboard, i would then just ftp into it using evox cd and change the xbe file to the 680kb evox file changing the name to xboxdash.xbe. and it would solve the problem. well he did it again but this time i did not have any backup files and when ever i try to install evoxdash.xbe and evox ini off the internet and place it in the c: drive i get an error 13.

i can boot slayer dvd to get into so i can ftp but everytime i change the xboxdash.xbe with an evox dash and rename it i keep getting error 13, does that mean that the xbox is no longer softmodded or is it.

can i just install evox by itself using anything. i know not to use all in one cd because mine is a softmod but what do you think would help.

can i use the HeXEn 0.99B11-22 you keep suggesting to people and install kingroach or kraysie. which do you prefer if i do not have the games.

thank you very much for your help

sam

Edited by hersheys247, 16 December 2011 - 03:44 AM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

It sounds as though you have an old softmod, and HeXEn will sort that out for you. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and use it to install a clean softmod (option 2.1.x or 2.2.x). Krayzie and Kingroach are very similar, and the advantage with HeXEn is that you can try them both then pick the one you like. smile.gif

#3 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

thank you that is exactly what i did and it worked like a charm.

i like the evoxdashboard, so i set that as primary but currently there is no reboot or shutdown option. can ou guide me on how to fix that

also

question about my f drive and my game backups i had on there before i did the new softmod per your suggestion, i wanted to create a backup of the HDD. the hdd in xbox is 160gb. The games i believe were in the f because i ftp'd into the xbox copied c and e and they totaled about 1gb. i looked in my f drive in ftp and it was empty. But then i did a hotswp connected hdd to pc and partition 5 which is f drive had files in there. SO i backed those up. The f drive totaled about 148gb, a lot of the big files were in HDDLoader not games folder, games only had dvd2xbox. well i figured these were the xbox games because it was an old softmod. Well is i did the backup using xplorer360 and now i have a 149gb BIN file. i ran the softmod as suggested, work flawlessly. i go to games and its empty, i connect it to pc and i can see the files, but not if i ftp. my question is i guess are these games salvageable if they even are the xbox games i had previously as they were in the HDDloader folder with folders labeled PxGames02 and so on. i did try transfering the files to the f drive under new folder games, clicked on xbox, clicked games, a game was there i clicked it, started loading then went back to dashboard.

sorry its long but i tried to be as indepth as possible.

thank you for your time

sam

#4 Annal606

Annal606

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing
IPB Image

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Are you saying that you have copied games onto the hard drive AFTER you redid the softmod? If so then you have lost all of your other games.

What you should have done is posted back here first...... I'd have told you to run Xbox Admin - NDURE Tools to switch between 6/7 (F and G) and 06 (F only), and your games would have been immediately accessible.

Edited by Heimdall, 17 December 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#6 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Thank you for the reply,

No I did the backup Before the softmod,

the f drive in the backup on my pc which is partition 5 has the biggest files in a folder called hhdloader with file names PxGames02, etc. I tried coping one of those files to f drive/games, from pc backup using xplorer360 to the xbox thru ftp, it showed up in xbox but when loading game it crashed back to dashboard. Then I tried a game I had just in my other xbox that I ftp to my pc then to my xbox im having issues with, placed it in games in f drive and it loaded fine. Can it be that the files got corrupt somehow when using xplorer360 to make makeup prior to the softmod. Do I have to repartition f drive or did the softmod do that.

Confusing, I'm sorry

Thank you for your continued help

Sam

Edited by hersheys247, 17 December 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

So your answer is YES, you DID copy files onto the hard drive after you redid the softmod. It wasn't a difficult question.......

The original contents of your F partition have now gone, and you need to restore everything from your backup. Before you do that, decide how you want your drive configured (I'd suggest one F partition), and use XBPartitioner to reformat the F partition.

#8 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

thank you for the reply

i ran xbpartitioner, i see on the extended drives it has 120gb and the on below it 20gb. I take it that the 120gb is my f drive. i dont mind leaving the other hard drive if it is G. so is the 120gb the one i need to reformat.

please also how can i add the option to reboot or shutdown when i am using the evox dashboard. it doesnt give me the option. i think all it has is the option for xbmc, games, ... xbox admin, no option for reboot or shutdown.

thank you very much

sam

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

Just make sure you format the new disk with XBPartitioner 1.1. You can set the extended partitions up as you wish - just run it, then press A to cycle between the standard layouts:

- F up to 137GB - no G
- All F
- F up to 137GB - remainder in G
- F:G 50:50.

I'd suggest all F - there's not much point having a 20GB G partition. Once you have selected your preferred layout, press Start to write the partition table to the disk, or press Back twice to quit. Note that you'll lose all data on F and G.

To add reboot and shutdown you put the following lines in the appropriate place in the menu section of evox.ini:

Item "Soft Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Hard Reboot",ID_Full_Reboot
Item "Power Off",ID_Power_Off#

If you're using evox installed by HeXEn there's a small glitch in the config, and you need to comment out (#) or delete the following lines:

{
Item "USA - NTSC ",@ID_Reg_NA
Item "Japan - NTSC",@ID_Reg_J
Item "PAL",@ID_Reg_ROW
}

#10 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

Thank you for all your help.

Just for my own peace of mind, the folder in my backup that I made before using heXEn labeled HDDloader, is that where my original games are because the games folder is empty and the only folder that has over 90gb is that, but when I move any game into the xbox from the HDDloader folder to the newly created folder f:/games, the name shows up in the xbox but than crashes to dashboard when trying to load, any thoughts?

Once again thank you for all the replays and I wish you a happy holidays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users