Sorwah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Hello,

I've been able to softmod xboxes in the past with the UDE2 dashboard install through Agent Under Fire. However, I recently have come into contact with two Xboxes that the installer doesn't appear to work with. Both Xboxes have never connected to Xbox LIVE when the servers were up.

Xbox Console 1 (K: 1.00.3944.01 D: 1.00.4920.01)
  • While attempting to install the UDE2 or UDE1, the system shows the linux screen for two seconds with an orange ring of light. Then revs up real loud until shutting down.

Xbox Console 2 (K: pre-4930 - sorry I dont have it right in front of me to be sure)
  • I can install the UDE2, and I've attempted as well with a UXE installer, but once it's installed it won't launch any games - just returning to the modded dashboard even if the game being launched is an official disc

All I'm trying to do is get a modded dashboard on here to break the region lock.

Is there anyone who could help me out? Any information I'm forgetting please just ask or hit me up on AIM/MSN (names in my profile).

#2 Sorwah

Sorwah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:47 AM

Apparently I can't edit, but just wanted to add that I am able to FTP to the Xbox at any time.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Use an NDURE softmod instead - newer and more stable. For a gamesave softmod installer use Krayzie 1.1.1.

You need to update the dash to 5960 for it to work properly. Use a post 2004 Live-enabled game to do that (Halo 2 and Doom 3 definitely work - I've used them both - and Pro Evolution Soccer 4, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Goldeneye Rogue Agent should also work). Run the game, and start to log-in to live. First thing the game does is update the dash to 5960, then you can run 007:AUF and install the softmod.

Edited by Heimdall, 20 December 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#4 Sorwah

Sorwah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

It's been a long time since I've been on the XS. Can you point me in the direction to where I find what you suggested I need?

And I believe I used Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes to update the dashboard so we're good there.

Thanks for all the help.

Or if you can shoot me a PM as well to discuss further that would be fine.

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

If you just read the softmod tutorials here and Google Krayzie 1.1.1 you should find the information you need very easily.

You could also look for SID (Softmod Installer Deluxe) and use that to softmod your machines and then decide what you want to do next.

That could be to use AID (Auto Installer Deluxe) but I'm sure that Heimdall would recommend instead using his purpose designed Hexen disc. Google for that too and you'll soon find out what it does, why you should us3e it and where to find it.

If I understand you correctly you're saying you can FTP into the machines. Well if you can do that I don't think there's anything more you need assuming you do have an original copy of 007 AUF.

BTW modern installer packages usually include the (Enigmah) region changer as a standard app.

#6 Sorwah

Sorwah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

Basically I'm only modding these xboxes for one reason. To play an official Japanese game without losing the ability to play official American games. I have no use for anything else.

I have an original AUF disc and saves on it that will boot evox so once that's booted I can ftp into the Xbox, but I need to boot the save through AUF to do so.

#7 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

You do need Heimdall's or others experienced advice on the precise procedure for replacing by FTP the old 007 AUF exploit/installer save you have with the new one whether that be Krayzie 1.1.1 or SID. I'll be interested in the reply myself.

Once softmoded if all you want to do is play Japanese games and the Xboxes are already NTSC you shouldn't even need to use the Enigmah region changer.

Edited by fallenangle, 23 December 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#8 Sorwah

Sorwah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thank you for all the help.

I used Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes to upgrade the dashboard to the 5### one. Then located the Krazyie 1.1.1 installer, FTP'd it to my Xbox, and installed it.

Everything's running fine now. Thanks a lot.

I do still have to try it on the other xbox - the one that would mod but not boot anything so I'll update once that's been successful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users