Photo

Replace Liteon Drive With Benq Possible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adepjunk

adepjunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hi,
Sorry if this has been answered many times in the forum.

Original xbox 360 with a LiteOn drive. The drive no longer reads discs. I have a spare benq drive that is new. Is it possible to replace the lite on drive with the benq drive and then install the ixtreme firmware? Or do I need to replace with a LiteOn drive specifically? Somebody please confirm.

Thanks

#2 kryno 696

kryno 696

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Yes you can replace a LiteOn with a Benq drive. Just flash the benq with the latest firmware for the Benq drive then spoof the drive as a LiteOn with your LiteOn's key.

*I didn't go into detail for the steps for spoofing a drive as another because I'm assuming you know how to do this, if not there are lots of tutorials on how to do that or read the Jungle Flasher TUT that comes with JungleFlasher.
Or PM me.

Edited by kryno 696, 21 December 2011 - 11:56 PM.

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

Keep in mind if you spoof your drive you're basically holding a big sign that says "ban me please" - also with a spoofed (or replacement drive that's not the original OSIG) drive any time that there is a system update that flashes the drive firmware, the update will fail or you will get E66 when it tries to update. Only fix is to put the original drive in with stock firmware, update, then replace the drive again. Best solution - don't spoof, use the same kind of drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users