evilwise

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

So my girlfriend got me a Kinect for Christmas and I took it over to her family's house to let the kids play it. It did an update then worked fine for a while. The fan had been being a bit noisy if I moved it around and it wasn't as noisy yesterday for whatever reason but I put my hand back there and felt pretty good exhaust so I figured it was cool heat-wise. They played Kinect Adventures for an hour or so then I switched to Child of Eden.

About half an hour of that and it started acting kind of weird (didn't want to detect players etc) but the controller worked fine. I rebooted a few times to go back through the whole Kinect setup (thought I might have done something wrong) and about the third time I rebooted it went E74. The light code I get when I do sync+eject is 3-0-2-2 (one light, four lights, two lights, two lights) and I can't find this error code or even any error code that starts with 3.

I brought it home and took the case off (this is a fat hdmi box btw), applied a little pressure to the scaler chip (hana) and generally poked around. Got it to rrod on me so I went to bed. Today I hit hana with the heat gun medium-style (about 30 secs on 7) and got rid of the rrod but back to e74+3022. So weird, right?

#2 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

With the code you described after the number it is actually a 1022 error.
To help out here is a link http://xbox-experts....rcode/E74/1022/.

Says its a GPU H-ANA error. So your getting there but you may need a reball
on the GPU and H-ANA chips. Heat gun reflow can really do damage if you
don't do it right. If your good go for it, I have just seen and heard alot
of horror stories.

John

#3 evilwise

evilwise

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the info. Why does the first digit follow the opposite convention of the others? Oh well I'll probably try to get this other fat hdmi box to cough up its drive keys out of its lite-on. Never managed to successfully read a lite-on but I'll give it a whirl.

#4 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

You are reading the error codes improperly.

1 light = 1 not 3
4 lights =0
2 lights =2
2 lights =2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users