#1 kylendm

kylendm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Alright so I messed something up here pretty bad.

I have a v1.0 Xbox with Unleashed softmod on it from the Hexen disk.

So I bought a 500gb Sata HDD that worked I thought and used a Sata to IDE adapter to hook it up.

I got my eeprom.bin, ftped my whole Xbox to my computer and placed the C and E drive into the correct folders for xboxhdm. I also placed my eeprom.bin into the eeprom folder. I made the disk, disconnected my computers hard drive, set it to boot from CD, and connected the new HDD to the computer.

I unlocked the HDD and everything worked fine, I was able to transfer all the files over no problem. Then when I was all done I went back to lock the drive and something seemed wrong. When I did lockhd -a it only said yes to the first two things, not everything.

I shut the computer down and plugged the new HDD in and I get error 13 even though I know the xbox is updated correctly.

I went back to plug the HDD back into the computer and now the computer isn't reading it. I'm worried that something went wrong. If I forgot anything let me know and I'll add any info I can.

If all else fails and I can't do the xboxhdm could someone help me out as to figuring out how to wipe the drive clean for a fresh install using lxhdm this time?

Edited by kylendm, 24 December 2011 - 03:18 AM.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

aslong as it said command completed sucsessfully it dosent matter if it says "unlocked" for the hard disk status.
so its probably locked ok.

the error 13 is probably because you used the wrong C: files. You quite possibly used shadow C: files instaead of the real C:\ files..

So best way to do it would be..

Put the original softmodded disk back in the xbox "not the new 500gb" (i assume it still works ok)
Boot with hexen disl (xbox led will be red)
Now ftp the c: files. as hexen will have bypassed the shadow c: for you.

its also possible that your transfering the incorrect eeprom file (but that would lead to a diferent error number so i think the eeprom is fine)

However given that its a V1.0 xbox
I would strongly advize using hexen to tsop flash the system.

Make sure the hard new 500gb disk is unlocked with the xboxhdm disk you made.
I would then also format it to a windows compliant file system like fat or ntfs.
then put it in the xbox and boot with the hexen disk in the dvd drive.
It will then detect a new disk for preperation.

Just go through all the motions Then use the tools available to you to run xboxpartitioner "its in applications" And fully format the drive to a size you dont want to use, "split it in two" Then format it to the size you do want to use "single partition or 2, just make sure they are a diferent size to the 1st time you did it"

Finaly go back to the tsop/chip tools section and find the install clean C partition for a chipped xbox option (i forget what its fully called properly) When its done power off, remove the hexen disk, then power on again.. "can just power on with eject remove the disk then power off and on"

This usualy works flawlessly for me, Its over kill really as the hexen disk should have configured it properly for you already. But i find its better to over do it now, so you dont have to re do it later.

#3 kylendm

kylendm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Dec 26 2011, 01:14 AM) View Post

aslong as it said command completed sucsessfully it dosent matter if it says "unlocked" for the hard disk status.
so its probably locked ok.

the error 13 is probably because you used the wrong C: files. You quite possibly used shadow C: files instaead of the real C:\ files..

So best way to do it would be..

Put the original softmodded disk back in the xbox "not the new 500gb" (i assume it still works ok)
Boot with hexen disl (xbox led will be red)
Now ftp the c: files. as hexen will have bypassed the shadow c: for you.

its also possible that your transfering the incorrect eeprom file (but that would lead to a diferent error number so i think the eeprom is fine)

However given that its a V1.0 xbox
I would strongly advize using hexen to tsop flash the system.

Make sure the hard new 500gb disk is unlocked with the xboxhdm disk you made.
I would then also format it to a windows compliant file system like fat or ntfs.
then put it in the xbox and boot with the hexen disk in the dvd drive.
It will then detect a new disk for preperation.

Just go through all the motions Then use the tools available to you to run xboxpartitioner "its in applications" And fully format the drive to a size you dont want to use, "split it in two" Then format it to the size you do want to use "single partition or 2, just make sure they are a diferent size to the 1st time you did it"

Finaly go back to the tsop/chip tools section and find the install clean C partition for a chipped xbox option (i forget what its fully called properly) When its done power off, remove the hexen disk, then power on again.. "can just power on with eject remove the disk then power off and on"

This usualy works flawlessly for me, Its over kill really as the hexen disk should have configured it properly for you already. But i find its better to over do it now, so you dont have to re do it later.

Thanks for all the info but the main problem is that the computer doesn't read the hard drive anymore. It reads all the others but not this one.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(kylendm @ Dec 24 2011, 02:16 AM) View Post
ftped my whole Xbox to my computer and placed the C and E drive into the correct folders for xboxhdm.
That's your first mistake. You have to bypass shadow C before taking the copy. It is possible that your C partition now has no booting dash, hence the Error 13.

I unlocked the HDD and everything worked fine
That might have been your second mistake. A new disk is already unlocked. You should be OK trying to unlock a disk that's already unlocked, but it might cause unpredictable results.

I went back to plug the HDD back into the computer and now the computer isn't reading it. I'm worried that something went wrong. If I forgot anything let me know and I'll add any info I can.
And that's your third mistake. The disk is now locked, so of course your computer can't read it. You have to run xboxhdm, option 4, unlockhd -a to unlock the disk, then you can access it using xboxhdm.

Back to the rest of your post. There's no such thing as "Unleashed softmod". UnleashX is a dash, and if you used HeXEn then the softmod is Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1 - which did you use?

#5 kylendm

kylendm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

It was a while ago I modded it but I think I used Krayzie. How can I tell? dry.gif

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

Go to UnleashX settings. On one of the settings screens (system, maybe - can't check at the moment), if you scroll to the bottom of the screen there is an entry that shows you where UnleashX has loaded from. That's the location of your booting dash. Kingroach NDURE 3.1 installs its default dashboard at E:\Dash\default.xbe, Krayzie 1.1.1 is at E:\dashboard\default.xbe.

#7 kylendm

kylendm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Ah, looks like I have NDURE 3.1.

#8 kylendm

kylendm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

Alright so I plugged my sata drive into my computer using the sata port and the bios doesn't read it. When I use the adapter my other computer doesn't read it either in bios, start up, anything.

Anyhow, I plugged the drive into my sata computer using a sata cable and ran xboxhdm option four. I did lockhd -a but it said no password found on disc, aborting.

Is my drive possibly dead?

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(kylendm @ Dec 30 2011, 04:19 AM) View Post
I did lockhd -a but it said no password found on disc, aborting.
unlockhd -a, and your xboxhdm disc obviously doesn't have the eeprom from your Xbox on it, or it isn't in the right place, or the file name (eeprom.bin) isn't in lower case.

#10 kylendm

kylendm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Weird. I have the eeprom.bin in the eeprom folder. Could I have ftped the wrong eeprom on my xbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users