55 replies to this topic

#31 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(GHR @ Dec 27 2011, 04:16 PM) View Post

Get yourself a spare Liteon\BenQ Xbox Dvd Drive and flash it with C4's 0800 FW v3.0

I have TWO spare Samsung Drives... Are you implying that neither will work with the latest 0800 firmware? One has an older version of 0800 that I was using before getting the BenQ, which has worked flawlessly until XBC v350 was released. I could dig them up and flash to see if my problems go away... but I was under the impression that the Samsung drives can't handle XGD3/AP25.

Thoughts?

#32 GHR

GHR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(DrPhantum @ Dec 27 2011, 06:32 PM) View Post

I have TWO spare Samsung Drives... Are you implying that neither will work with the latest 0800 firmware? One has an older version of 0800 that I was using before getting the BenQ, which has worked flawlessly until XBC v350 was released. I could dig them up and flash to see if my problems go away... but I was under the impression that the Samsung drives can't handle XGD3/AP25.

Thoughts?

You are under the right impression, Samsung drives cannot handle AP2.5, they don't have the code for it.
And I missed the part you said you already have a BenQ drive - I got two here flashed with 0800 v3.0 - One's a Liteon and the other is a BenQ - TBH I can't point out any problems whatsoever,They're both working fine, maybe it's your laser?

#33 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Dec 27 2011, 05:31 PM) View Post

What is your SATA setup like? That could be causing the problem, I always have to use my onboard sata for any 360 drive, because you need the driver installed on a VIA card, and with a VIA and drivers installed it freezes my PC just plugging in a drive, but I also have onboard SATA so I use that for ripping, flashing is fine on the VIA .

I have a VIA VT6421 card, as well as onboard SATA. The VIA card has worked fine up to this point. I've used it since the first days of using a bootable USB drive to flash the early versions of ixtreme to my Samsung drive... all the way up to ripping the latest XGD3 games (before XBC v350). Plus, as I mentioned in my earlier post... the VIA card still works for games on previous versions of the XBC software.

All that aside... I plugged my drive (which is powered through a CK3i) directly into the SATA ports on my motherboard, and restarted my PC, but it's not seeing the BenQ drive. Do I need special 360 drivers? I seem to remember that from before my VIA card arrived (that was the preferred SATA chipset back in the day)

Also... with regard to unchecking the AP25 option... I tried that through the VIA card, and got the same problem.

I mentioned before that when I open XBC v350, it won't close unless I force it from Task Manager, even when I have the BenQ drive disconnected. Is this happening for anyone else? I think this is indicative of a software conflict of some sort... and if so, then it has to be something different in THIS version of XBC, since it doesn't happen with the previous release (v345), which works to rip games.

Thank you for your suggestions! Keep them coming!

QUOTE(GHR @ Dec 27 2011, 06:46 PM) View Post

You are under the right impression, Samsung drives cannot handle AP2.5, they don't have the code for it.
And I missed the part you said you already have a BenQ drive - I got two here flashed with 0800 v3.0 - One's a Liteon and the other is a BenQ - TBH I can't point out any problems whatsoever,They're both working fine, maybe it's your laser?

I can rip games with XBC v345 just fine (except for the fact that the output files would fail AP25 challenges, of course)... so could it still be the laser? I realize that v350 analyzes topology data... would this feature expose a problem with the laser that other versions of XBC would not?

Also... I cleaned the laser lens as recommended with a QTip wetted with Windex, applying very little pressure, and v345 still works (so I didn't damage it in cleaning).

Sorry to clog up this thread with my problems...

#34 davidoneman

davidoneman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(davidoneman @ Dec 27 2011, 02:36 PM) View Post

Hi sorry for jumping in , ive got a samsung drive with the koreon firmware on bought awhile ago . ive never got round to backing up my origionals as i got my friend to do it but hes gone on holiday for a month , so im getting xbox flashed tomorrow so im going to have to do my games . ive just put the drive in pc and put my game in and got the new xbox creator its reading the game to pc but says ap 2.5 not supported by drive . so i was wanting to know if there is a newbie guide to doing the games from scratch , ive done a bit of reading but ive read that much my heads all over , many thanks

hi ive got a old lite-on dg-16d2s drive from a old xbox , what kit do i need for flashing it ive got a sata cable , sorry for being a noob on this smile.gif

#35 GHR

GHR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(DrPhantum @ Dec 27 2011, 09:25 PM) View Post

I mentioned before that when I open XBC v350, it won't close unless I force it from Task Manager, even when I have the BenQ drive disconnected. Is this happening for anyone else? I think this is indicative of a software conflict of some sort... and if so, then it has to be something different in THIS version of XBC, since it doesn't happen with the previous release (v345), which works to rip games.

No, it's not happening to anyone else I assume, not for me on my 3 desktops anyways...

So now we know it's your setup, sorry but you'll have to go the trial and error method until you figure this out.

About the "then it has to be something different in THIS version of XBC, since it doesn't happen with the previous release (v345)" - You'll have to address Redline99 himself for an explanation.

Good luck! smile.gif

#36 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(GHR @ Dec 27 2011, 09:16 AM) View Post

Lose the Kreon drive, It's pretty much useless nowadays.

Kreon still works just fine, depending on your needs. Xbox Backup Creator starting with version 2.9.0.345 was updated to support XGD3 discs and specifically supports the latest Xtreme ripping firmwares and Kreon drives. Obviously there are limitations to Kreon drives, but if you're ripping for a JTAG like I am, it doesn't matter. I convert my ISOs to GOD installs and have no need for XGD3 or AP25.

#37 GHR

GHR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(Toddler @ Dec 28 2011, 12:38 AM) View Post

Kreon still works just fine, depending on your needs. Xbox Backup Creator starting with version 2.9.0.345 was updated to support XGD3 discs and specifically supports the latest Xtreme ripping firmwares and Kreon drives. Obviously there are limitations to Kreon drives, but if you're ripping for a JTAG like I am, it doesn't matter. I convert my ISOs to GOD installs and have no need for XGD3 or AP25.

That's well said, as long as you're on RGH/JTAG'ed console of course.

#38 Redline99

Redline99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Sorry DrPantum, I have no idea why it wont work on your setup.

I have had a few other people mention the closing error and having to use task manager. I'll look into that.

#39 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(Redline99 @ Dec 28 2011, 02:44 AM) View Post

Sorry DrPantum, I have no idea why it wont work on your setup.

I have had a few other people mention the closing error and having to use task manager. I'll look into that.

Sweet. Thanks for taking the time. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I'm planning a PC overhaul soon. What's the preferred chipset for onboard SATA. Uninstalling/reinstalling my VIA drivers is becoming a nuisance... but I don't know if there's a better alternative.

Edited by DrPhantum, 28 December 2011 - 06:26 AM.

#40 HOMiE7

HOMiE7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Almost everytime when I launch XBC it says that it can't open drive handle for every drive I've got in my system. In drives list then I see nothing and radiobutton SPTI is locked. A couple of reboots helps to temporary fix this problem, but only for one launch of XBC.

The exact error message:
CODE
ERROR Opening drive handle for '\\.\D:
Access is denied.

LOG:
CODE
Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350 By Redline99

Found ODD:    at [0:0]
*** No applicable drives found ***

Nero API is not available
ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 is available
   ImgBurn - The Ultimate Image Burner! by LIGHTNING UK!

AP25 cannot locate dae.bin file

Does anyone have solution for this problem?

Edited by HOMiE7, 28 December 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#41 cytokinetic

cytokinetic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:23 AM

[source: team-xecuter.com]

As there is confusing and conflicting information in the wild we would like to clarify a few points with regards to ripping your own discs and what to do with topology data.

1. Making Your Own Rips

When ripping your own discs with the latest Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build 350 you should have “processing AP2.5″ unchecked. This adds an extra hour to each game rip and is not required. This option is only used when topology data is being collected for development purposes.

Remember that angle measurements need to be as accurate as possible. If you rip your own you are using just 1 set of measurements. Your laser may be weak or you may have just one measurement out of hundreds that is out of bounds of the accepted values and your disc will error and you will be flagged for an AP2.5 Failure (See point #3)

FYI the accepted values are -/+ 22 (even though originals rarely go above -/+ 2 with a perfect quality laser – the extra is allowed for those that have a poor quality laser)

The median files that are created are the work of HUNDREDS of dumps per game over many different consoles and many different drives. Then using a complex algorithm millions of individual results are then calculated to give the absolute best timing scenario possible. The median files that are provided give a deviation of -/+ 8 (The original target was 9 – so anything below this is considered awesome).

To give you an idea of what we are talking about here is the deviation data when using the median file on an XGD3 title: http://pastebin.com/VSNkwF3m

As you can see the results are superb and rarely go above -/+ 4 with a maximum of 8 in just one instance.

However if you rip your own you may find that some angles will go up to -/+ 100 which is WAY over the -/2 22 threshold and will give you a bad image.

So when ripping your own images, uncheck Process AP2.5, patch with the given median file and then burn. There may be a simple app coded for you to check the deviation values of your own rips in the near future.

Note: The XGD3 Median Topology file covers ALL current XGD3 games. This includes other languages too. There is no need for you to check the profile of your game at this moment in time. if you are 100% certain that the median file does not work with your XGD3 title then you need to rip the original game using the new XBC and test it again. If it then DOES work then you need to report it with the Profile ID of the game and the AP25 topology file (after checking process AP2.5 of course). If you can’t do this then dont bother posting about it.

2. Bogus Median Files

We have noticed that some people have been uploaded bogus median files which are blank. These have been causing errors and making invalid images. Thanks to these assholes, many people have lost time and money.

The official and original download link for the median files is this: http://bit.ly/u6ZaKY

3. AP2.5 Flags & You

If you are flagged for an AP2.5 failure do not panic. This does NOT mean that you are going to get banned. Originals fail all the time due to a poor laser so this should largely be ignored. It’s fair to say that those who have countless failures will probably draw attention more than those with just a few. Take from that what you will. The point to be made is, if you are flagged, it doesn’t really mean shit.

4. Burning XGD3 Titles

When burning XGD3 titles use a Liteon iHAS Burner with the Burnermax firmware and verbatim MKM-001 or MKM-003 discs. There will be no other support or advice given on any other burner or any other media especially truncated versions. If you are too cheap to invest in an $18 burner and media that costs less than $1 then you deserve all the problems that you encounter.

I hope this information clarifies and informs. Happy Christmas.

#42 Wamphyri2b

Wamphyri2b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

I don't know if this will help but the only way I could get build 350 to work is onboard sata. My via 6421 with drivers would see the drive but freeze after a few seconds. My X360 usb would see the drive but call error after a few seconds. Hooking to onboard sata, rescan devices in device manager, then ripping disc works perfect for me. Good thing I keep a sata cable hanging out the back for Hitachi's biggrin.gif

Does anyone know for sure if this build will inject SS/DMI properly for XGD3 discs? I have had a bad 0800 rip before & would like to avoid a SS that deviates too much. While waiting on a new abgx for xgd3, I'd like to be able to inject a verified SS/DMI if need be.

#43 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(Wamphyri2b @ Dec 29 2011, 05:20 AM) View Post

I don't know if this will help but the only way I could get build 350 to work is onboard sata. My via 6421 with drivers would see the drive but freeze after a few seconds. My X360 usb would see the drive but call error after a few seconds. Hooking to onboard sata, rescan devices in device manager, then ripping disc works perfect for me. Good thing I keep a sata cable hanging out the back for Hitachi's biggrin.gif

Other than the fact that I have a CK3i and not an X360 USB... this is pretty much what's happening to me. The only difference is that it doesn't freeze, but it just won't close. If I click CANCEL, it would ask if I want to quit... so it's not actually frozen.

Can I bother you to ask what SATA controller you have onboard? Even just your motherboard make and model would be fine. I'll look it up on my own.

Thanks!

#44 Wamphyri2b

Wamphyri2b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE(DrPhantum @ Dec 29 2011, 12:29 AM) View Post

Other than the fact that I have a CK3i and not an X360 USB... this is pretty much what's happening to me. The only difference is that it doesn't freeze, but it just won't close. If I click CANCEL, it would ask if I want to quit... so it's not actually frozen.

Can I bother you to ask what SATA controller you have onboard? Even just your motherboard make and model would be fine. I'll look it up on my own.

Thanks!

I have a ASUS M4A77D & iirc a SB700 SATA controller. Honestly, I think I'm just gonna go back to build 345 & patch with Median.bin. A rip of Halo:Reach with 345 takes me 18 minutes while build 350 took 35min cause the program pauses every couple minutes. Did the same thing with Gears 3 & got 24 min with 345 & 42min with 350. I'll wait till a new build or a new game that I have to use build 350 on.

Edit: I don't know what caused the issue with my first two rips, but now build 350 is just as fast with no pauses. Go figure.

Edited by Wamphyri2b, 29 December 2011 - 06:44 AM.

#45 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(Wamphyri2b @ Dec 29 2011, 05:56 AM) View Post

I have a ASUS M4A77D & iirc a SB700 SATA controller.

Thanks for the reply. I have an Asus board (P5E WS Pro) with both Intel ICH9R and JMicron SATA controllers onboard. I tried both with my BenQ drive with minimal results on Win7 x64. I'm about to rebuild my PC with some new components, and will probably end up with an AMD SB950 Southbridge on a M5A99X EVO mobo. That should be much more similar to your [working] setup than I have now. Either way, I should be able to transplant my VIA card, so I'm not worried about losing any functionality.

Are there any surefire SATA controller cards that I might be able to purchase along with the rest of my stuff on NewEgg? The VIA card was all the rage back in the days of iPrep and ixtreme 1.4. haha

::: Bold added for tl;dr readers :::

I re-read your post, and correct me if I'm wrong... but aren't the Hitachi drives "better" with regard to being recognized by a PC? As in, they don't need a particular chipset or special drivers to get a drive letter assigned easily? Maybe this is why you're having better luck than I am?

For those of you out there that everything is working perfectly for... what is your hardware/software setup?

Windows/Linux/etc OS version? 32 or 64 bit?
SATA controller(s)?
360 Drive Model?
360 Interface Hardware? (CK3, CK3i, X360 USB, etc...)
Other factors that I can't remember 10 minutes after rolling out of bed???

Edited by DrPhantum, 29 December 2011 - 02:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users