Wamphyri2b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(DrPhantum @ Dec 29 2011, 09:36 AM) View Post

Thanks for the reply. I have an Asus board (P5E WS Pro) with both Intel ICH9R and JMicron SATA controllers onboard. I tried both with my BenQ drive with minimal results on Win7 x64. I'm about to rebuild my PC with some new components, and will probably end up with an AMD SB950 Southbridge on a M5A99X EVO mobo. That should be much more similar to your [working] setup than I have now. Either way, I should be able to transplant my VIA card, so I'm not worried about losing any functionality.

Are there any surefire SATA controller cards that I might be able to purchase along with the rest of my stuff on NewEgg? The VIA card was all the rage back in the days of iPrep and ixtreme 1.4. haha

::: Bold added for tl;dr readers :::

I re-read your post, and correct me if I'm wrong... but aren't the Hitachi drives "better" with regard to being recognized by a PC? As in, they don't need a particular chipset or special drivers to get a drive letter assigned easily? Maybe this is why you're having better luck than I am?

For those of you out there that everything is working perfectly for... what is your hardware/software setup?

Windows/Linux/etc OS version? 32 or 64 bit?
SATA controller(s)?
360 Drive Model?
360 Interface Hardware? (CK3, CK3i, X360 USB, etc...)
Other factors that I can't remember 10 minutes after rolling out of bed???

I'm on Vista-64 with 16gb of DDR2. Yeah, my build is a couple years old but working great. I use this controller card: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16816124011
Cheap, easy to install, & recognizes almost everything.
I'm setup like this:
X360usb for slim lite-ons primarily,
Phat lite-on's & Hitachi's are kinda Hit & miss,
can flash a 360HDD in under 30 sec,
rips good with schtrom & XBC before build 350
Sy-via6421 (with drivers removed)
Slim 9504 & all phat drives do great except hitachi
(with drivers installed)
rips good with schtrom & XBC before build 345
Onboard SATA:
Hitachi's do great. I keep a onboard SATA cable hanging out the back mainly for these.
Schtrom & all Builds of XBC seem to rip great.
Remember this is just the setup that works best for me. Plenty of people are getting XBC build 350 to work with X360usb & VIA6421. I just have no idea how, lol.

#47 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

This may be indicative of something... but I've noticed something weird with the log.txt file that's created every time I open XBC. The software obviously loading completely... Notice the last line (below). It doesn't even finish the line about imgBurn... and it does this every single time, at the same letter. "... The Ultim"

Maybe I'll try uninstalling imgBurn and seeing if that changes anything...
UPDATE: Uninstalling didn't do anything... Reinstalling didn't do anything. Back to square one.

I'm going to try combing the registry for XBC entries and deleting them. Perhaps something from a previous version is corrupt.
UPDATE: Combed the Registry, deleted some stuff... problem persists. screw!

CODE

====================================================================
Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350 By Redline99

Found ODD: ATAPI iHBS112   2 PL01 at [E]
   Additional Info: 2011/05/13 14:43
Found ODD: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N SB02 at [F]
   Additional Info: 0422
Found ODD: ATAPI iHAS524   B AL2A at [G]
   Additional Info: 2011/09/14 14:47
Found ODD: PBDS VAD6038-64930C  at [H]
   Additional Info: BenqAP25v3.0

Nero API is not available
ImgBurn 2.5.6.0 is available
   ImgBurn - The Ultim

Edited by DrPhantum, 30 December 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#48 Wamphyri2b

Wamphyri2b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

The thing about imgburn is probably nothing at all. Chances are that it's some sort of osk character limit within the program. That's probably the wrong terminology, but it has to do with how many spaces are allowed for names. Some programs report the whole name while others don't, it's no big deal.

#49 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(Wamphyri2b @ Dec 31 2011, 02:23 AM) View Post

The thing about imgburn is probably nothing at all. Chances are that it's some sort of osk character limit within the program. That's probably the wrong terminology, but it has to do with how many spaces are allowed for names. Some programs report the whole name while others don't, it's no big deal.

I'm not sure. It seems the log.txt echoes back whatever occurs in the live feed in the program... and it stops there every time. I've seen other full log files, and it doesn't reach a character limit. I think my log file getting cut short is indicative as to the moment that the program "breaks" causing me to be unable to close it on command. I can only close it through Task Manager. I hope Redline gets a chance to look into it.

#50 Wamphyri2b

Wamphyri2b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

I forgot you were having to use task manager to close it. A lot of people are having that issue. It'd be nice to know if other who are having to exit with task manager also have this cut off in the log. If that is where it's going wrong, it might be something Redline could fix easily.

#51 evil-dereck

evil-dereck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

I've never really used XBC before. I just inserted the Topology into the ISO I want to burn, but when I click on write, I get an error that is failed Security Sector validation. Is this a legitimate error that means I have a bad rip, or is this a problem with XBC related to XGD3?

#52 evil-dereck

evil-dereck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(evil-dereck @ Jan 1 2012, 05:25 PM) View Post

I've never really used XBC before. I just inserted the Topology into the ISO I want to burn, but when I click on write, I get an error that is failed Security Sector validation. Is this a legitimate error that means I have a bad rip, or is this a problem with XBC related to XGD3?

Actually, more important, should I be worried that it's telling me my rips have bad PFI detected?

#53 kaldi's apostle

kaldi's apostle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Is the write function now OK? believe redline had advised not to use it in previous version

#54 DrPhantum

DrPhantum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

By the way... I reinstalled Windows7 x64 edition... registered all the correct files, and ran XBC v2.9.350, and it's running flawlessly. I literally only installed an antivirus application and Chrome... so I do believe the problem I, personally, was experiencing was due to software corruption of some kind.

I'll update if I run into problems. Otherwise... assume that I solved my issue. (and just in time for the new version of ABGX!)

Thanks everybody for your help!

#55 ep99

ep99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

I am running Windows 7 (64bit) and have a dedicated Benq VAD6038 with 0800 v3 firmware.

Currently using Xecuter CK3 pro as power supply for the Benq.
X360USB pro for the actual connection to the PC.

Even with XBC v2.9 build 0345...the odd times...the program will hung on startup and i have to disable the usb connection before the program will launch.
This apply to build 0350.

But most of the time...the program will launch immediately without any issue and recognized the Benq right away.

I find that after the usb connection before launching the program...make sure the XBox drive is being recognized in the USB tab.
And maybe try opening and closing the disc tray...this will make Windows try to communicate to it.

Then XBC should have no issue launching.

#56 rameysblackbelt

rameysblackbelt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Been using this for long time always worked but today i tried rip dead island riptide , it does rip it but when i test it with abgx360 it says not vailid game so it dont do any updates to it then when i try burn to a dldvd my xbox says its a video not a game,,
im not having this trouble with other games just this dead island can anyone tell me the problem ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users