Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

The reference video I'm referring to is this one...using RGBuild2
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

I'm wondering how much this enables compared to a real devkit. For instance, those looking to make dash apps, can they possibly use this hack for good debugging. Reading the comments on that video page, it is says

@offonmyown You can still use xbmovie and xbwatson to debug. You just wont be able to use PIX since you won't have a sidecar.
Its a good way to have a cheap dev kit for those wanting to develop their own apps

Just wondering how far this can take us non-devkit owners.

Edited by Julets, 26 December 2011 - 01:02 AM.

#2 Harbinger076

Harbinger076

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:XDK<br />RGLoader<br />Homebrew
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

I have both a true devkit and a rgh "fake" slim devSpoof.. both are pretty good and the video comment is spot on short of having pix and pnet there isnt much difference.

Its worth a shot to create the rgh devSpoof image and see if u like it if u do not flash back to rgh image.

#3 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Mmm, well currently I think some of us have enough jtag/rgh boxes not to care. What I'm wondering is how the debugging goes, and what will be missed. If this pseudo devkit can enable proper debugging, what else will someone miss from the retail devkit. Say for instance if you wanted to compile DashLaunch on your own, with a few bugs present during compilation, could you iron out those bugs to get get a proper compile with this spoof hack?

Without ever seeing or using a real devkit, it's hard to understand what this spoof hack enables us to do, and how far we can go with it. Can we build our own XeXMenu like apps in comfort or is there still hurdles that might be too tall for typical PC programmers to bother with it. What else will the XeXDK demand from the hardware. We know we don't need pnet, but what is pix and do we really need it?

Edited by Julets, 26 December 2011 - 01:28 AM.

#4 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Ok, so this morning I installed this spoof image. Does anyone have a manual or some sort of setup documentation for the XDK? I mean in particular to this, I understand I need Visual Studio 2005 Pro, so a guide assuming that is installed already.

#5 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

now all we need is to figure out how to build our own sidecars. hey i had a ? does anyone know if you can run flash360 on these spoofed images as it would save us from having to leave the spi flasher hooked up to switch images...i am pretty sure you can use VS2008 as well i know when XeLove was still developing his 64 emulator it was written using VS2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users