#16 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(ezekilla @ Feb 16 2012, 01:49 AM) View Post

So I'm a bit confused here for a few reasons.....

Firstly, why hasn't this thread been locked and removed? RDC removes every other thread that pops up where someone simply posts a link... so why the special treatment?

And secondly, I see nothing in this build that hasn't been done before, 100 times, to the same quality, by people who don't have fancy tools, and do it on the floor in their bedroom... Yet people are praising this like it's beyond amazing... are you kidding me?

Yeah it's great. A very nice looking, clean case. But definitely not worth the hype... or the price...

It's a shame people who like to spend ludicrous amounts on a custom console don't come to forums like this one, and give the work to one of you blokes on here, who do a top job without all the fancy crap.

And 60 hours? Surely you are joking... especially seeing as you are the great Llamma, and should be able to roll this stuff out FASTER then any of us...

Please, if there is something more then a simple window, fan, LED, and paint mod here, let me know..

/rant

Agreed

QUOTE(RDC @ Feb 16 2012, 01:07 PM) View Post

You'll find this post has 2 pics in it that show the actual console that's been done. Threads that get closed are ones that simply have a YouTube only link, or don't show any of the actual console that's being done at all. Which, since you haven't bothered to stay up with the rules in this section, are how those threads are dealt with. This one does not fall into either of those categories, hence there's no special treatment at all going on here.

Like it or hate it, as long as the posting stays constructive or at least relevant, the the thread will stay open. If it turns into a bashing thread, then it will be closed like any other and action taken against the troublemakers, again, the same as any other thread.

Seems weird i can never post links not even mention the possibility of selling my console in the future, can't link to sponsers scared to even mention them without getting a ban.

Sponsers help me out with my Xbox builds and i can't even talk about and advertise them, they are helping out the Xbox Scene.

Edited by ozzylow, 16 February 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#17 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

You're allowed to post links from places that you have purchased things on a build, no one has ever said anything contrary to that, but the Case Hardware section isn't a place to start trying to sell what you're doing, that's what the B/S/T sections are for, and unless your sponsors are also going to give everyone else free supplies to make their projects how they want, then they're not really helping anyone but themselves by having you promote them. It's also a guess, but I imagine a little bit of this is probably that the thing sold for what it did, and when some of you around here have done the exact same thing, or more, for far, far less, I can completely understand the miff there, but no one is being singled out or allowed to get away with something that's not allowed.

Lets not have this thread turn into a full blown debate over what's allowed and what isn't when the rules already exist for this. If anyone has any further issues then feel free to PM me.

#18 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I love the color, I love the cuts, and I can appreciate a job well done. As a business owner myself, I know how much companies will shell out for having a product they want, when they want. Granted, they could have approached most of the custom modders on X-S and received a similar piece at a tenth of the cost, but what they're paying for is Llamma's reputation in the modding scene and more importantly his reliability on getting the job done to high standards. I agree with others in that it seems overpriced but that's not really the point here. The point is the buyer is satisfied (I assume because nothing leads me to believe otherwise) and the seller completed the task to specs and within a time pleasing to both parties.

Llamma, cheers to you and your dedication to your passion! I only wish 360's leaving my shop could be worth that much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users