65 replies to this topic

#46 satanicshrew

satanicshrew

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

Dude I'm always mega stoked during the week to see what your up too. The paint is looking good. Whats your controller going to be like? You should add extra buttons for the bumpers down on the underside of your paddles. They come in handy dude. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be sick!

#47 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(satanicshrew @ Mar 4 2012, 01:38 PM)  

Dude I'm always mega stoked during the week to see what your up too. The paint is looking good. Whats your controller going to be like? You should add extra buttons for the bumpers down on the underside of your paddles. They come in handy dude. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be sick!

Same to you, i like seeing your work, good to see someone else on here doing something a bit different.

Controller will be pretty basic, it already has orange and yellow ring of light, i will also get orange and yellow buttons.

#48 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Thanks to Modiify for sponsoring the Borderlands 2 Case.

Giving me a nice price and delivery on some parts for the controller and the case.

Modiify Elite Thumbsticks

IPB Image

IPB Image

Orange and Yellow A B X Y Buttons. Going to mix and match maybe A X Y will be Orange and B Yellow.

IPB Image

Yellow and Orange Ring of Light to match the controller.

IPB Image

#49 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

My new old toy.

Scroll Saw - it makes it so easy to do detailed cuts and designs, in a heap of different materials. I find it better then the dremel for some things.

IPB Image

Borderlands logo, the plan is to cut out a big logo and have it on the side of the case, the left hand side.

IPB Image

IPB Image

2 holes were needed to be drilled so i could thread the blade and continue cutting, this weekend i will have a lot of progress done.

IPB Image

#50 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Thanks to Modiify for the package, received it today and within a couple of minutes i had my controller finished.

I decided to go with the orange buttons and to make it stand out a little i kept the original B button, i played around with a few different combinations till i came up with this design.

Modiify Custom Thumbstick, they are the mushroom shaped like the PS3, i prefer these over original.

IPB Image

IPB Image

#51 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

I decided to go with the orange buttons and to make it stand out a little i kept the original B button, i played around with a few different combinations till i came up with this design.

Modiify Custom Thumbstick, they are the mushroom shaped like the PS3, i prefer these over original.

Yeah, that layout you chose is inspirational indeed. (lol) MCT has some good quality products. I love the Scroll Saw, you'll have no problems at all while cutting the logo out as long as you take your time and pay attention. The controller is really OEM looking. I've always loved the "Clean & Stock" look to a mod. Overall, keep up the good work.

Edited by Infamous Ob, 14 March 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#52 satanicshrew

satanicshrew

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Need updates man! I do too but that is besides the point.

#53 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(satanicshrew @ Apr 3 2012, 12:26 PM)  

Need updates man! I do too but that is besides the point.

Yea i know, still getting use to the baby. So no real free time in a while, but will have updates this weekend for Easter Long Weekend.

I'm waiting for more updates from you too.

#54 satanicshrew

satanicshrew

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Congrats on the kid. I wont give you crap then, I only have the excuse that we are still kinda in the cold weather of the winter/spring crossover so I can't get out and paint.

#55 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Update, i know its been a while but i will start putting some more time in now that the baby is starting to settle.

Today i got some more paint for the transparent patterns and finished of the last layer, it does look dark, but can still see the patterns underneath, that is the effect i was aiming for.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I nice wet coat for the final layer of color, will finish with a few layers of clear to give it a nice finish, i may wet sand the clear and polish for a mirror finish.

#56 trailervert

trailervert

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Looks really good. I love the paint idea and the leds on the outside are going to make that shell look kickass!

#57 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Cant wait to see it finished. smile.gif

#58 kyomagi

kyomagi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening.

#59 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Its back

Decided to finally get some more progress with this case, wasnt happy with the last one so i started fresh with a replacement case from eBay.

IPB Image

Decided to do the double window again, using the orange perspex shown before.

IPB Image

Some color matching from the game cover. Ended up changing to a lighter red, the one shown in the picture below was to dark.

IPB Image

Rough mock up

IPB Image

Most of the case will have a aged / worn finish. Doesn't look right being perfect finish.

IPB Image

#60 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

That's a really nice Orange Ozzy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users