• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 redsfan

redsfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

For my first post I need some help to finally sort out my Xbox and TV resolutions problems.

I have an Xbox 360, KV32FX60U Sony TV and an EMPREX LE1708 17" LCD monitor.

If I connect the Xbox to the Sony TV using one of these (my cable doesn't have the extra blue, blue and red, just the yellow white and red on the side), by plugging the cables into the scart the TV displays the Xbox 360 but it's messed up. When I go 50Hz frequency, and widescreen the TV adapts itself (it's got some smart feature that changes the resolution to fit in) and everything is fine. However when I go to 60Hz the TV changes its resolution and it cuts of quite a chunk from the top and the bottom, making it really hard to play any game. Is there some way around this?

In hoping to sort out that problem I bought this cable. I plug the HDMI end into the Xbox and then the blue VGA end into my computer, the computer doesn't show up anything at all. What am I doing wrong?

Any help with how to get either one to work would be greately appreciated. I'd prefer to have HDMI on the big sony TV, but it only has a scart input, so there's no way to do that is there?

#2 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(redsfan @ Dec 30 2011, 10:08 AM) View Post

In hoping to sort out that problem I bought this cable. I plug the HDMI end into the Xbox and then the blue VGA end into my computer, the computer doesn't show up anything at all. What am I doing wrong?

You are driving the wrong way up a one way street. The VGA on your graphics card is an OUTPUT, not an INPUT.

Get yourself a proper Xbox 360 RGB SCART cable. If you have more than one SCART input on the TV, make sure you use the RGB capable one as only one of them will be.

#3 redsfan

redsfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(fahrenheit @ Dec 30 2011, 03:08 AM) View Post

You are driving the wrong way up a one way street. The VGA on your graphics card is an OUTPUT, not an INPUT.

Get yourself a proper Xbox 360 RGB SCART cable. If you have more than one SCART input on the TV, make sure you use the RGB capable one as only one of them will be.

Ermmm, I already have one of those Xbox cables, which is plugged into the TV, but as I said that only works well at 50hz, at 60hz it cuts bits off.

QUOTE(fahrenheit @ Dec 30 2011, 03:08 AM) View Post

Ermmm, I already have one of those Xbox cables, which is plugged into the TV, but as I said that only works well at 50hz, at 60hz it cuts bits off.

And the HDMI to VGA cable I do have, fits into the monitor, so surely it does have an input? Just nothing shows up?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

He said an RGB SCART cable, not a composite SCART adapter (which is what you are using).

HDMI is digital, VGA is analogue, so the HDMI cable is useless to you unless your monitor supports digital signals over its VGA connector - and 99.999% of them don't. This is the sort of cable you need to connect your Xbox to a VGA monitor - as you would have discovered with ten seconds of searching on eBay for "Xbox VGA".......

#5 redsfan

redsfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Dec 30 2011, 03:06 PM) View Post

He said an RGB SCART cable, not a composite SCART adapter (which is what you are using).

HDMI is digital, VGA is analogue, so the HDMI cable is useless to you unless your monitor supports digital signals over its VGA connector - and 99.999% of them don't. This is the sort of cable you need to connect your Xbox to a VGA monitor - as you would have discovered with ten seconds of searching on eBay for "Xbox VGA".......

will the first one stop the cutting of chunks of top or bottom ?

and I haven't got red or white inputs in my monitor so I doubt that one will work?

#6 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(redsfan @ Dec 30 2011, 05:04 PM) View Post

will the first one stop the cutting of chunks of top or bottom ?

and I haven't got red or white inputs in my monitor so I doubt that one will work?

The red and white cables are audio. You would need to get an adaptor for that.

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

No idea - all TVs are different. You could try reading the manual for your TV to see what RGB formats, rates and frame sizes it supports over the SCART connector.

The red and white leads on the VGA cable are for the sound, because the VGA connector is video only, no audio. I'm not even sure that the EMPREX LE1708 has speakers.........

#8 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Make sure its for Xbox 360. The one in Heimdall's link is for the original Xbox.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Bugger. Posted the wrong link - try this one:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item564721d0c7

#10 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

the first scart socket is usually the rgb scart socket this should switch ok between 50/60hz
the other one/s are just scart they will struggle
oh the better quality vga cables come with the audio adapter mine had a gender changer for the vga plug aswell(to use on monitors that have fixed cables) wink.gif

#11 newstarting2012

newstarting2012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Estimated to be compatibility issues, and sometimes have this problem ~ ~
LZ proposed access directly xbox360 VGA, DVI and PC access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users