• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dekadeka

dekadeka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

It was purchased with XBMC 3 years ago and up till recently the only problem was the dvd drive would have problems reading discs even if they were brand new.

About 6 months ago I noticed that when I went to ftp with filezilla if often froze the xbox so I had to power off the unit and power cycle it(basically pull cable out of the back and leave for at LEAST 10 minutes) then it worked fine for another while.

I didnt use the xbox at all for about 6 weeks then went to turn it on a few weeks ago and the green led came on as usual and when I pressed eject it lit up like normal but the tray didnt eject nor did picture or sound appear.

I tried my usual power cycle but that didnt help, so left it off for a few hours then when I tried again it worked and I double checked by watching a movie on it then a few tv episodes.

The second I turned it off as a matter of interest I tried putting it back on and it didnt work, so I again power cycled it for a few hours and the same pattern emerged, it works fine when its on no matter if its gaming or movies but the second you power it off it stops working.

Finally I left it a few days and tried it about 5 times in one day and not once did it work and checked when I came back from christmas break and it still doesnt work.

Is the xbox dead or is there a fault on it?

Part of the reason I ask is I have spare xbox's but they only have stock hard drives in and the one in this is 100 gig and filled with saves I want to rescue.

#2 c_a_messmer

c_a_messmer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

I would just softmod one of your other Xboxes and use config magic to write the EEPROM to match that of your failing Xbox and put your drive in it. If you don't have the stuff to do the mod you could just put the EEPROM chip from your failing Xbox in one of your working Xboxes and swap the hard drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users