3 replies to this topic

#1 ascii

ascii

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 02:44 AM

I bought an XBox from the Pawn Shop today.
They tested it there for me using some "UFC" game... Well, a screen popped up that said something about the disc not being recognized, might be dirty, etc. I rebooted and reinserted the game a few times and got it to work once. Well, they said it's probably just a scratched disc or something and got another game from the back. I think it was a Myst game or something. Anyway, this one booted up just fine... no problems at all. I even rebooted and reinserted the disc a few times just to make sure.

Well, after work, I stopped at the rental place and got a game. The disc looks perfect... like it hasn't even been played before! I got home, hooked up the Xbox and popped the game in. "Xbox can't recognize disc... might be dirty" Crap!
I tried several times and got it to work once but that was it. I tried 4 or 5 audio CDs, but only one worked.

Version = 1.0
DVD drive = Thomson

Pawn Shop has a "No-Return" policy!
sad.gif I guess I'm screwed...sad.gif

#2 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 02:49 AM

The drive may be a mess, try a cd cleaner or compressed air??? (Maybe?) ... or could just be a bum drive altogether, maybe someone tried a pot tweak on it and screwed it? You can buy new xbox dvd in the buy and sell forums here, probably cheaper then a whole new box at least.

#3 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:37 AM

Do you want to sell the system? PM me ;)

#4 THE MAD TWEEKER

THE MAD TWEEKER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:04 AM

I will tell you the same thing I told the other guy.
If it has never been modified then you might want to call M$ and get a refund. This same thing happened to my first Xbox after playing morrowind for like 36 hours straight and they refunded my money no problem and it was like 9 months after I bought it. I even sent them my extra controllers and all my games because I was so pissed at them and they sent me a check for like $ 650. They will explain all the hoops you have to jump trough to get your money back itís not to bad though. Well not the exact same thing but it stoped working non the less. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users