Photo

Can I Disable A Game's Request To Choose A Profile?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dlvanbrunt

dlvanbrunt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

This seems like a "General" question, but I am a new user so if it gets moved to "Newbie" I'll understand-- I just don't want to cross-post, so here it is:

New to XBox, bought to play with my kids who have NEVER done this before (nor have I). Suckered in by the "your body is the controller" bit, not wanting my kids to be couch potatoes... and bought instead of a Wii because I had visions of that controller getting hurled against a wall...

But my kids, ages 6 and 4, are capable of games like "Fruit Ninja" and other fun and mindless things, but can't really read-- I'd like them to walk into the frame and start playing, but every damn time it just prompts to choose a profile or sign out... in other words, it throws up a barrier.

Wife's reaction: "It's a piece of junk, take it back and get a Wii"... but surely there must be a way to make this thing kid (and wife) friendly? Wife is creeped out by uploading things (like pictures, which I have disabled), and wants it offline most of the time... fine... profiles stored locally...

but is there a way to just play the darn fruit ninja (or anything) without having to "sign in" to a profile, even locally, and just start playing? I don't need to save scores. I don't need to save prefs per user. I just want my kids to walk into the field of view and play.

Seems like the Demo did this... but now that I ponied up money I have to use profiles.

I can't find a pref in the game to allow "anonymous" play-- is there a way to do this in the system? Even having to choose "Player 1" is a layer too many to get the young ones engaged.

#2 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

did'nt know demo let you play anon
anyway as far as i know (and i could be wrong!)
you need to set up a profile for each individual once it learns who you all are it should auto sign them in and they should be able to just join in but there are users on here who know for sure but lately it seems no one can be bothered half the time on here sad though that is sad.gif
we traded our kinect (still untouched in box) for a jasper arcade for the dining room as we never saw any kinect games that we liked! also we found the kinect a bit intrusive but thats just us smile.gif

#3 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

The easiest way is to set up profiles so the Xbox via Kinect recognizes them individually and automatically

If you want to save progress, there needs to be a profile. You can set the console to sign into a profile automatically, but I'm not sure how Kinect games will react to that if you're playing with more than one person. It'd be best to set them up with their own profiles. It's a really simple process and shouldn't take more than five minutes per person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users