• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 edg

edg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Hello, I bought this to use with my console but it didn't work when I hooked it up. I need it to work with my console not my PC.

Thanks for any help.

#2 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(edg @ Jan 2 2012, 06:00 PM) View Post

Hello, I bought this to use with my console but it didn't work when I hooked it up. I need it to work with my console not my PC.

Thanks for any help.

Is this the official wireless controller receiver for PC? If so, it should search for drivers when you connect it. If not, download the drivers from Microsoft's website. Keep in mind if its a wireless controller and you're trying to use the charge cord that attaches to the top of the controller, it won't work. The charge cord will only charge it using your PC's power but won't transmit any data.

When searching for the model number you provided it returned pages talking about it being just the controller. If you need a wireless receiver you can buy generics online for about 10 bucks, official for 20, or you can make one out of a spare receiver board from a broken xbox perhaps.

-Scotch

Edited by GoTeamScotch, 03 January 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#3 edg

edg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Maybe you did not understand my post, I'm trying to get it to work with my console not my PC.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

i'm sure somewhere on the package it stated it was for the pc, not the console.

#5 edg

edg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

I'm looking for a work around to get it to work with my console. With all Microsoft products there is always a work around. I will look until I find it.

#6 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(edg @ Jan 5 2012, 07:37 PM) View Post

I'm looking for a work around to get it to work with my console. With all Microsoft products there is always a work around. I will look until I find it.

Pardon a dumb question but WHY?

You know it comes with one yea? Whats the point mate? If its broken just buy a replacement board online or from members in this forum for like 10 bucks.

Help me out X-S, is this even possible? Granted, its not impossible but for a person without a PCB printer and reverse engineering tools...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users