Photo

Is There Anyway To Tell Wiring Without Opening Case?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm helping several people update their jtag'd xbox's to the latest freeboot. I'm having 2 consistent issues with several people.

1. I need to come up with a way to discover their jtag wiring method without trying to walk them through dismantling their xboxs and taking pictures etc. Is there a software method on the xbox side, something that I can run from freestyledash that will give me wiring method? Can I use the nand dump from xellous to discover the wiring method? I don't want to turn their xbox into a a brick that they have to mail to me to repair with my usb nand cables because I had them use the wrong smc files.

2. I'm a big fan of using xellous for all the updating because of how well it handles bad blocks among other things. A couple of people can't get into xell at all. One guy has his xbox plugged into an hd project but we can't get it to go into xellous using hd, sd, hdmi, component, composite, anything at all. It boots to freestyledash just fine but for some reason we can't get it into xellous. We've tried just about everything that we can find on the internet including using wired controller, using eject, holding eject with tray out, holding eject with tray in, you name it.

#2 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

1. There are two ways you can go about doing this. The first is that you just extract the decrypted smc.bin from their already-working NAND dump and use that when building the new NAND. The second is to use smc_util in analysis mode and see what the TMS_value and TDI_value are.

TMS = 0xCC = AUD_CLAMP.
TMS = 0x83 = ARGON_DATA

TDI = 0xC0 = DB1F1/FT1U2
TDI = 0xCF = TRAY_OPEN (unlikely, but it's possible)

2. Forget about trying to boot into Xell and just use NAND Flasher 360. It'll remap your bad blocks as well.

Edited by AZImmortal, 05 January 2012 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users