Photo

Recover From Bad Flash? (jtagged Falcon)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xboxjojo

xboxjojo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Well it looks like my Xbox may have just gotten bricked. I have had it for a little under a year. I wanted to upgrade to the latest dashboard. I was on 13599.

I have my original nand dump and I created a new one using 360_Multi_Builder_v0.7. I have my xbox connected via hdmi. I connected the usb drive and turned the xbox on via the eject button. It turned on but I didn't get anything on the screen, the USB thumb drive's light was flashing though. I figured i needed to connect the xbox via the component cables so I turned it off. I think that's where I screwed up. It may have been updating and I didn't know. Now all I get is the 3 red rings with secondary code 0022. Is there any way to recover from this or am I completely bricked?

I purchased this with the Aud_Clamp and efuse protection (some points were bridged from my understanding)

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

If it won't boot XeLL via the eject button, you need to flash your image via LPT or USB.

#3 xboxjojo

xboxjojo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jan 4 2012, 01:01 AM) View Post

If it won't boot XeLL via the eject button, you need to flash your image via LPT or USB.

Great so there is hope!

I'm sorry for the noob questions, but since I didn't perform the jtag I am going in somewhat blind and am just looking on where to start. When I had purchased the jtag I had bought a Nand-X which I never ended up using. Would this be all I need? And since this has the aud_clamp wiring, do I need to do anything special in the wiring?

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Yes, that's all you'll need. Your wiring for the NAND-X won't need to be special. The special wiring is only regarding the wiring for the hack, i.e., always on the motherboard.

Since you have the image built already (presumably you built it using an older image), you can just use that. If it doesn't work, no worries. You'll just need to build a new one. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

#5 xboxjojo

xboxjojo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jan 4 2012, 01:21 AM) View Post

Yes, that's all you'll need. Your wiring for the NAND-X won't need to be special. The special wiring is only regarding the wiring for the hack, i.e., always on the motherboard.

Since you have the image built already (presumably you built it using an older image), you can just use that. If it doesn't work, no worries. You'll just need to build a new one. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thank you so much for your help!! I will begin doing my research on installing the Nand-x. I was a modder of the original xbox. Had done many of them for friends and co workers so I'm hoping this won't be to hard either.

#6 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

My pleasure. smile.gif

It's not tough at all, especially with the NAND-X.

#7 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

The Nand-X Programmer is one really awsome piece of kit.Until my wife bought me mine as a little christmas gift,i was using the homemade LPT method,which took ages to read and write to the Nand but the Nand-X does it a read of a 16meg Nand in around 1 - 2 minutes.Also the QSB's are really,really easy and simple to solder to the 360's motherboard.
Really hope you get yours sorted out,matey :)

#8 xboxjojo

xboxjojo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Installed the Nand-X last night. Everything went as planned and now my xbox is running again with the latest dashboard. CHEERS!!!

Thanks again!

Edited by xboxjojo, 05 January 2012 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users