1 reply to this topic

#1 island_brotha

island_brotha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hey guys...first post...

I dont have the capabilities or confidence to try and mod my box myself so was wondering if there was some how i could just buy a pre mdodded one ?

I did read the rules and dont think Ive asked anything illegal.

If i have, I do apologize and mods just delete if I have contravened the forum rules.

#2 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(island_brotha @ Jan 4 2012, 09:58 PM) View Post

I did read the rules and dont think Ive asked anything illegal.

You haven't.

Welcome smile.gif There is a buy / sell / trade section here where you can find modded systems for sale... Be very careful though because I have lost money doing deals with people who didn't have as much reputation as others...

If you can get a hold of a usb -> xbox adapter (an official one exists to allow a usb keyboard to work with phantasy star online, or you can get a homemade adapter for cheaper, both likely on eBay) or the Datel memory card that hooks up to your computer (somewhat pricey, maybe $35) along with a cheap exploitable retail xbox game (there are 3+ titles that work) you can softmod the system with your eyes closed.

The softmod installers work as gamesaves which would be loaded from a usb hard drive (with the adapter) or the datel memory card, meaning there is no chance of any disc read errors or anything... The installer does everything for you and has clear on-screen instructions.

Once the system is softmodded you can look into how to read your HDD key. Once you have this key, when your hard drive eventually fails (or if you want to upgrade to a larger hdd) you can lock a new hdd using your key (along with all of the exploitable dashboard files in place) and connect it to the Xbox.

Also, if you know someone who already has a modded Xbox, all you will need is a regular Xbox memory card to put the exploit installer onto along with the matching game.

Any other questions, just ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users