4 replies to this topic

#1 GoGPT

GoGPT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hey,

I have a new problem with my XBOX .. when I start the xbox, it restarts 3 times, then flashes green and red .. what happens?

Thanks,

GoG

#2 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

This is known as a F.R.A.G. (Flashing Red And Green Lights) aka "Christmas lights".

There are a lot of causes of the problem.

Anything from the bios missing to bad RAM or other failures. Unfortunately this type of failure will generally require the replacement or repair of the motherboard. Remember that the Motherboard and HDD are paired, only the motherboard knows the password to unlock the drive so just swapping out the motherboard is not an answer.

More about this ---> http://www.llamma.co...tem_failure.htm

A lot of times this has to do with the motherboard or the modchip --- for example, if you botch a chip installation, you will likely get the christmas lights. Also, my chip has a 1MB capacity for bios which can be split over 4 (256kb), 2 (512kb), or 1(1mb) bank(s). I believe 2 out of the 4 banks that I'm using contain bad bios, and when I set my switch to load from those banks I get a FRAG.

So, if your chip has multiple banks, try switching to a different bank. If you had a bad flash, you will need to reprogram your chip one way or another.

#3 GoGPT

GoGPT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

I did nothing to Xbox... i turned ON and "Christmas Lights "

I have a SpiderChip.. :\

#4 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

If you are comfortable with opening up the Xbox yourself you can double check that all of the wires (or pogo pins if it's a non solder chip) are in place. It's entirely possible for a console to not boot if the chip isn't correctly installed (For example, if a wire comes loose).

#5 GoGPT

GoGPT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Okay, i will try to check all the wires of SpiderChip correctly, then i will post something.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users