• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrakuma

mrakuma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hi, I just installed ABGX 1.0.6 and tried to check some of my burned backups, just to speed things up, I used two laptops, but I am getting different results for the same disc...

I uninstalled, erased ABGX directory and reinstalled just to be sure. I also checked that everything was configured exactly the same in both ABGXs.

Not even layerbreak results are the same... any suggestions?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for your help!

#2 mrakuma

mrakuma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Forgot to add something important, this only happens to XGD3 games (I've burned them with BurnerMax and an iHAS drive). Used abgx on both computers with a couple of XGD2 games and they give the same results.

Thanks!

#3 X4life3

X4life3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

That is odd, in the second pic the laybreak is off. Is that drive a dl dvd drive?

#4 mrakuma

mrakuma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(X4life3 @ Jan 8 2012, 04:30 PM) View Post

That is odd, in the second pic the laybreak is off. Is that drive a dl dvd drive?

Yes, very odd. Its a DL drive, I've used it to burn XGD2 games, and also if I compare XGD2 games they give the exact same results as the other drive.

#5 tim132

tim132

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

It's obviously due to the fact a normal Dual Layer drive can only read 97% of the disc.

Therefore when verifying through ABGX using a standard DL drive it throws off the layerbreak as it can't read to the outside edges of the disc. The ihas with Burner-max, burns the full 100% of the disc enabling the larger layerbreak which the XGD3 requires.

I'm guessing if you burn an XGD2 game on you ihas and then run it through ABGX on either your ihas or standard drive you will get identical results, as in you won't get the issues you found with XGD3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users