• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dreaddiekruger

Dreaddiekruger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

hi all was just wondering if there are any people who have installed these chips in the past ive gotten the diagrams from a few places and for some reason i just cant get it working properly and some diagrams are not that clear, chip gets power but i dont get the "evo" pop up on booting. Ive tried a few things but nothing yet so i figured i would ask the pro's any help and or advice appreciated.

PS: also ordered some front panel lcd's and was wondering if i could install one on this aladdin (4032)(from the info ive gathered it seems possible to install the panel on this type of chip just not 100%)

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

Try and see if an autoinstaller disk will boot in the xbox. I am not sure what bios ships on those chips so I am not sure if it is supposed to look any different then the stock bios. It might just be a basic bios that will allow you to boot unsigned code. If you can get a disk like Slayers, Auto-Installer Deluxe (AID), or HeXen you can then flash the chip with a better bios.

The LCD screens will probably not work on the chip.

#3 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

I have installed about 10 of these chips. There usually isn't a bios on there. You have to flash one yourself using another xbox 360 running a custom dashboard. Then hotswap the chip onto the pin header to flash it. The aladdins usually use m8 bios. Make sure to get the right one, there are 512kb ones , you WILL NEED the 256kb one. I made that mistake once and was scratching my head then my ass. lol. not the other way around thank god.

Also, if you have a v1.6, I would get M8+ , the plus matters, as that's how the designation went for that bios. I was so confused in the beginning.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Jan 13 2012, 12:32 AM) View Post

I have installed about 10 of these chips. There usually isn't a bios on there. You have to flash one yourself using another xbox 360 running a custom dashboard. Then hotswap the chip onto the pin header to flash it. The aladdins usually use m8 bios. Make sure to get the right one, there are 512kb ones , you WILL NEED the 256kb one. I made that mistake once and was scratching my head then my ass. lol. not the other way around thank god.

Also, if you have a v1.6, I would get M8+ , the plus matters, as that's how the designation went for that bios. I was so confused in the beginning.

Just to correct what he said

He means another xbox running from a chip not a xbox 360 on a custom dash.

The chip in the other xbox does not have to be a aladdin.

#5 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yes Im really tired as of late. Glad you caught it steveo. I did not mean xbox 360. Im just in a 360 modding mode as of the last 2 years. lol. I meant hotswap with another xbox.

wtf am i dong up. It's 3am on WestCoast.

#6 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

"so you dont need to read my post + edits, what I think now from my search is if you have a aladin 64 or aladin + you should be able to power on by holding the power button down till the xbox led is red and then you can flash it. if that wont let you boot the hexen disk then probably no help at all."

here is what my post looked like 1st of all:

Im pretty sure my aladin booted hexen for me to flash it.
having said that It was not new, could have been previously flashed and has a spot to solder a tsop on to it. I dont know wether the tsop would be flashed from the chip (seems to be the more logical explanation because if your de soldering your tsop you must have messed it up) Or if the tsop can be solderd on to it to provide a 1st boot from the lpc.

this is what mine looks like at any rate.
IPB Image
I think its an aladin advance+
I should experiment with it one day but I dont think i will bother any time soon.

[EDIT]
Decided to do some research to see what the tsop flash pad was for, but all i found was this. Image, Do you need to power on in a special way like this picture says?
IPB Image

Edited by shambles1980, 13 January 2012 - 05:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users