• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tylerkl

Tylerkl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

I have a 22"asus 1080p monitor that has dvi and vga plugs but no hdmi. I bought a hdmi to dvi adapter and plugged it into my Monitor, and had the hdmi running to my console(YES I KNOW I WONT HAVE AUDIO). I turn on my monitor to DVI(AS I normally have it on VGA) but it says(DVI no signal)...What am i doing wrong pleaseee help, as this is the only way I can play my xbox sense my wife doesn't want me to have it in the living room anymore.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

You know they have these right http://www.google.co...ved=0CGIQ8wIwAQ

#3 Tylerkl

Tylerkl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Jan 13 2012, 05:00 AM) View Post

You know they have these right http://www.google.co...ved=0CGIQ8wIwAQ

Yes I do, but as i am working on a limited budget of $0 haha. I need to make this work and I need to know if it is even possible.

#4 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

if it works, it should work automatically. try and see

but, if the handshake protocol of your lcd is not compatible with the xbox 360 it won't work. i have the same problem with my 24 inch full hd samsung monitor, it has dvi. i used a dvi-hdmi converter, and get no signal with my ps3. apparantly in some firmware updates by sony the handshake protocol was updated, after which the monitor does not recognize the ps3 anymore. it still works fine on my lcd (also only dvi connector available), also using the same dvi-hdmi converter.

#5 Tylerkl

Tylerkl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(dennisv9 @ Jan 13 2012, 11:10 PM) View Post

if it works, it should work automatically. try and see

but, if the handshake protocol of your lcd is not compatible with the xbox 360 it won't work. i have the same problem with my 24 inch full hd samsung monitor, it has dvi. i used a dvi-hdmi converter, and get no signal with my ps3. apparantly in some firmware updates by sony the handshake protocol was updated, after which the monitor does not recognize the ps3 anymore. it still works fine on my lcd (also only dvi connector available), also using the same dvi-hdmi converter.

yea that's what I thought it was as well... but after 10 mins of just plugging it in and unplugging it finally worked...weird how sometimes that's all things need haha

#6 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

10 minutes you say... biggrin.gif let me try that too, perhaps i wasn't patient enough...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users