#16 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

Completed the repair for ksuhumpy

Reballed the Gpu chip. Did some other small mod stuff. This system is a jtaged Xenon

ksuhumpy should have their system back on Thursday. Priority shipping takes two days

#17 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

A way to cut down the expense of shipping.

Only applies to those who are comfortable with opening and taking apart their 360.

For repairs dealing with reballing, reflowing or component replacement on the motherboard - One only has to send the motherboard.

I have all the side devices for checking to see if repair is complete. So this can greatly cut down the weight that is being shipped.

The entire 360 without hard drive and cords weighs just under 8 pounds. The 360 motherboard itself just weighs under 1 pound. When it comes to Parcel shipping or UPS Ground - weight is everything

1 pound from Boston to Iowa is $5.50 in the Postal system

Or 3 or 4 - 360 motherboards could be sent by Medium Flat Rate Priority for 11.35

If you decide on just shipping the motherboard; you're going to need to protect it. Bubble wrap .... ship it within its stock cage ... just something. Package handlers aren't always careful

If you have questions - just pm me

#18 DeVante

DeVante

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Will did a GPU reflow for me on my JTAG'ed Xenon.

The system works great now.

I also wanted to say that Will kept in constant contact (moreso than anyone else I've ever done business with online) and is very friendly!

He even did a lot of extra work that I didn't pay for and offered me freebies when he definitely did not have to!

Out of all the people I was considering for for the job, I'm glad I chose him and won't think twice about him if I ever need work done again.

Wish I could buy the guy a beer!

#19 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Completed a repair for Jcb890. It was a 0002 - now good. Guess that was old news

Jcb890 has another that is 0110 - and its been more challenging than usual.

Will be tackling an E76 for dopesun - here any day now. Its on route

Some updates on shipping options. If you buy postage online from the Usps, thru the Click N Ship ... You can get two day Priority shipping on a Medium Flat Rate box for 10.85 ... And it will include Tracking for free

Definitely a way to save a few dollars with shipping

So - does anyone have any questions ?

#20 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

The E76 for dopesun is now repaired

I replaced his ICS ethernet controller chip. Process went very smooth

dopesun has two other consoles for me to check out. Haven't checked their error codes yet, but will soon. Then I will later mention the progress of those

#21 youngD765

youngD765

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hey, Do you fix e71 Xbox 360? if so, I have one that needs repair.

#22 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

dopesun had sent me three consoles

one with a E76 ... one with a E74 ... and one with a E79

The E76 fixed

The E74 fixed

The E79 - has a deep scratch running parallel to the Nand chip. Nailing several traces. Probably nothing I can do there

#23 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

A bump and some info

Going to provide some info - on a negative slant. But just being truthful; providing some disclosure

Looks like I might have failed two Xbox Scene members in repairs. I don't remember their screen names right off hand. Both named Jake - funny enough. Jake B and Jake T

With Jake B - he sent me two consoles. Only one has been repaired so far.

With Jake T - still trying but it doesn't look good

These should have been textbook reball repairs. But something didn't pan out. There could have been prior repair attempts from other people; that might have affected the chances of completion. Uncertain why there is a failure

#24 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Some Positive Work Results

Did a Reball on a Gpu chip for a Laptop. The chip was an AMD Radeon. The laptop - a Toshiba L505D. And this job was for an Xbox-Scene member.

that person - mikeyngo

Going to see if they might leave some comments about this job; here in this topic

They did final assembly ... And said that its working great now

#25 mikeyngo

mikeyngo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Unbelievable work done by WilGot45. Had a Toshiba L505D Laptop with a GPU issue, very similar to the XBOX360 RROD. WilGot45 never hesitated about my special request, actually he was more excited to get it fix than I am. Communication was kept very constant, actually too constant, he was kinda annoying.. lol Jk jk. Once he special ordered the stencil for my application, he took the time to masked everything off and started the reball.

The item was done the next day when he received the stencil and mailed out. I finally had the chance to assemble my laptop together and its working perfectly. Work was done very professionally.

Thank you WilGot45. I finally found a person I can really trust to get reball dones on xbox360s and also special requests.

#26 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

just a bump for May 20th

#27 apollo46

apollo46

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

PM Sent on E74 Repair

#28 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Completed a repair for apollo46

He had an E74

Reballed the Gpu - system is back up. Also did a little service maintenance to his dvd drive.

Should be mailing his 360 back tomorrow or thurs

#29 ISkate0I

ISkate0I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Wilgo fixed my XeDK. He not only reballed both chips, but did much more than asked for like fixing soldering points and other things as well. He is a great repairs man! He got everything working and is great on keeping in touch! I HIGHLY recommend him! He does it a great price too!

Thanks so much Wilgo! You're the man! I will definitely ask go to you for more repairs in the future!

Edited by ISkate0I, 04 June 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#30 shawnmos

shawnmos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Sent you a PM. Interested in getting my Xenon fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users