• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Diablonoir71

Diablonoir71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hi all, please bear with me here...i'm not an entire noob to flashing/burning etc, have done quite a few now, but my question is this:

It has been well documented to use Verbatims' DVD+DL (made is Singapore) for the new XDG3 burns, along with the correct iHAS/Lite-On burner and iHAS Burner Max s/w installed (which i have). The reason the Verbatims are recommended (from what i have read) is due to them having their dye right to the edge of the disc, whereas lesser brands don't and you can't get all the new XDG3 data to fit...

So, i have been looking 'round and my local Maplin's store has a 50%-off sale on TDK DVD+RL's at the moment and i thought as TDK are a quality/respected brand, would these work? Has anyone tried? If so, could you give me your results? blink.gif

FYI: I had some Ritek DL's laying around (used for older/XDG2 games, no probs) and tried burning my Forza4 rip to it with IMG Burn, it plays on my xBox with LT+ v3 so far, so good (maybe i was lucky?). Not sure what will happen when it gets to the layer break tho...lol, will keep all posted about it. Thanks all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users