#1 Tag234

Tag234

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys,

I have glitched quite a few consoles and I just recently came across my second jasper (out of maybe 30 that I have done) that have showed the same type of odd error. After wiring in the Xecuter Coolrunner + the 68nF cap and flashing the .ecc file (made with 360 Multi Builder .7), the console will not glitch.

The green light flashes anywhere between 1 and 3 times as if it is actually attempting to glitch. Eventually, the green light stops flashing and nothing happens on screen. It almost looks like the console successfully glitched, but just didnt load Xell Reloaded. If I remove the 68nF cap, the green light blinks anywhere between 1 and 10 times.

I am fairly confident that it is not the wiring or the .jed file. I don't know if it matters but both consoles are using .ecc files made from 360 Multi Builder .7 and both are 6751 CB consoles with 64MB nands. However, I have done other BB 6751s and I didn't have an issue.

Any idea what it could be??

#2 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Same here, one is 256MB, other is 512MB, both are 6751 using 6750 donors from multibilder .7 and same exact issue you just described.
Never found a solution.

Edited by Takashi, 16 January 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#3 Tag234

Tag234

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

Odd but yea, after searching some more, there are a few people with the same issue. It seems that BB Jasper 6751CBs are sometimes just unglitchable.

If anyone else has seen this problem and has found a solution, I would like to hear about it but for right now it looks like these are going aside.

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(Tag234 @ Jan 17 2012, 03:17 AM) View Post

Odd but yea, after searching some more, there are a few people with the same issue. It seems that BB Jasper 6751CBs are sometimes just unglitchable.

If anyone else has seen this problem and has found a solution, I would like to hear about it but for right now it looks like these are going aside.

I' ve had a similar issue with a jasper bb only with cb 6750. The green light would just flash a couple of times and then stop. The fans stopped resetting as well. I noticed if I moved the cap away from the chip the green led started flashing again. This hack is extremely sensitive for interferences in some cases and you have to play with wiring routes in order to get it to boot. Most of the times it works fine but there are just some bitchy xboxes out there.

#5 antalpromille

antalpromille

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:mods and repair
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

i have had this problem with different mobos, and it seems that the ones i had problems with had problems with video-output, if i pulled the av-cable/hdmi-cable and inserted it again they booted perfectly. also had consoles not showing anyting on hdmi, probably becouse of the same reason. my own slim does the same thing if i dont have hdmi-input selected on my flatscreen, boots instantly when its selected after that.

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(antalpromille @ Jan 17 2012, 08:43 AM) View Post

i have had this problem with different mobos, and it seems that the ones i had problems with had problems with video-output, if i pulled the av-cable/hdmi-cable and inserted it again they booted perfectly. also had consoles not showing anyting on hdmi, probably becouse of the same reason. my own slim does the same thing if i dont have hdmi-input selected on my flatscreen, boots instantly when its selected after that.

Yeah I had a similar issue where the console would only glitch with the the standard av cable and not the hdmi cable. Rerouting the cables fixed it. Another console only booted with a hdmi handshake from my receiver. Also fixed by rerouting. There are just too many variables that influence the timing signals. I guess none of the teams actually figured out how to make the hack more stable. All fixes so far are probably just found by trial an error.

#7 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

I had exactly the same problem with a BB 512MB Jasper on 6750 as well but managed to sort it out by rerouting my wires. I originally had my CPU RST wire routed on the bottom of the board and avoiding the notorious curls but that didn't seem to glitch no matter what capacitor or length of wire I tried.

I managed to get it glitching in the end by rerouting the wire over the top above the fan shroud and it was glitching properly. The issue seemed to be caused by some sort of ESI (electro static interference). Apart from the placement of the wires I also noticed that keeping the ends of the exposed wires as short as possible to be much better so try and trim the excess exposed wire down to the very minimum exposed to keep the interference down as much as possible.

#8 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

I currently have a similar issue with the following:

Jasper 256 MB CB 6747 Dash 9199

I'm trying to glitch so I retrieve lost DVD key, but it seems that the Coolrunner doesn't blink green at all, I tried different/alt points to STBY_CLK, I double checked everything and I can't get the coolrunner to work.

- This coolrunner was running fine on another Jasper16mb
- Using official wires from TX
- I've done arround 8 glitch hacks, 4 trinity, 3 falcon, 1 japer16mb

Things I've done:

- I've reflashed the glitch chip via iMPACT
- I've reflashed Xell ecc
- I've added the 68nf capacitor to see if there's any difference and nothing.
- No bad block found

I don't know what is going on.

Note: I flashed back to stock and it's booting just fine, but after writing .ecc Xell using donor CB 6750 it does nothing.

I'm going to try one more time, if that doesn't work, maybe this is a total loss.

[EDIT]
Problem Solved!!!!

Now I can't say what the issue was and what solved it, but I redid everything from zero!!! Including using new wires (might of been the issue).

I hope this helps others in pain!

Edited by krizalid, 21 January 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#9 Tag234

Tag234

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

I now have 3 of these consoles, all 6751 Jasper BBs. They are all wired using the wiring path that I have done on every other Jasper that works perfectly for them. I have tried re routing the wires, or leaving them completely away from the board etc. The results are always the same for all 3: just wont glitch.

Unfortunately I don't have a method of testing the HDMI vs AV thing... I only have an AV cable to work with here :-\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users