Jayzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to get a few classic original Xbox1 games running on my system, but every time I try to load a game I get the dreaded X: 2689.0 B : 1884.0 error. To answer a few question in advance:
  • Xbox 360 Slim (250GB version), running latest dashboard with xk3y installed (latest FW)
  • PAL version
  • LIVE enabled
  • All games are run from a external 2TB drive (all checked with abgx360 v1.0.6, except xbox1 games ofcourse)
  • Xbox1 games I have should be fully supported according to Microsoft compatibility list
While being connected to LIVE I'm trying to start my xbox1 games hoping that emulation profile should automatically be downloaded, but that never happens. I just get the original Xbox logo and message "This original Xbox game is not supported on your Xbox 360 console. An update to support this game may be available. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/games. X: 2689.0 B: 1884.0".

What I could find out only NTSC xbox1 games are supported. (Source: http://support.xbox....-original-games)

Question is: Will I be able to run NTSC versions of my games on my PAL console? Few games to mention are Conker: Live and Reloaded, Psychonauts, Simpsons: Hit and Run, Futurama ...

Edited by Jayzee, 17 January 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#2 Jayzee

Jayzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Seriously? No one knows if it's possible getting xbox1 games on PAL xbox360?

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

No idea, But given that its emulating functionality and the emulator should not be hardware restricted to pal, also that the 360 is fully capable of HD at 60hz then i dont see why it cant run ntsc xbox 1 games.
Never tried it my self. But like i said The hardware is capable of displaying the out put and the game is being emulated. so i dont see why not. unless they restricted the emulator to the format of whichever country the 360 is from but that dosent seem likley anymore with hd tv's being NTSC compatable.

Edited by shambles1980, 19 January 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#4 nightwishfan1

nightwishfan1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

The region protection exists for all original xbox games so the statement about NTSC region games being the only region supported is false. I can attest to this for the fact that I purchase, and own original japanese xbox games, which are NTSC-J. These wont work on my american console, which to be technical about the region compatibility is it's NTSC-U/C region (United States and Canada). You're getting the error because you're games are out of region, and your console is looking for the PAL designation your copies would have imprinted on them. Yes the game may be supported, but you need the proper region release of a particular B/C title. Very few ways around that if you're playing actual disc copies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users