#1 jimmunoz

jimmunoz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

OK my drive just got back from getting flashed with LT+3.0 but now quite a few of my old backups don't work and I'm getting a dirty disc error, Catherine booted up to where it's an all black screen with just the name Catherine and her and the other dude are built into the name(like a loading screen) and the screen just sits right there and does not advance and I waited 5 minutes, Batman Arkham Asylum started to boot and got to where you press start I did and then my xbox 360 threw up the error, The disc is unreadable. I abgx360 checked these games and they came back with all greens. Other games are playing and every time too but the one I listed along with Gears of War2 which also had the disc is unreadable after pressing start and starting the game. By the way these discs are all burned of Verbatim DL +R discs at the lowest speed on a perfectly functional burner. I don't have a clue. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

#2 kipper2k

kipper2k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(jimmunoz @ Jan 18 2012, 03:28 AM) View Post

OK my drive just got back from getting flashed with LT+3.0 but now quite a few of my old backups don't work and I'm getting a dirty disc error, Catherine booted up to where it's an all black screen with just the name Catherine and her and the other dude are built into the name(like a loading screen) and the screen just sits right there and does not advance and I waited 5 minutes, Batman Arkham Asylum started to boot and got to where you press start I did and then my xbox 360 threw up the error, The disc is unreadable. I abgx360 checked these games and they came back with all greens. Other games are playing and every time too but the one I listed along with Gears of War2 which also had the disc is unreadable after pressing start and starting the game. By the way these discs are all burned of Verbatim DL +R discs at the lowest speed on a perfectly functional burner. I don't have a clue. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I would assume that lt3.0 refuses to load your old games due to it recognizing the discs as backups, so i think you will have to reburn the images. Oh the joys of trying to stay on xblive.

#3 jimmunoz

jimmunoz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE(kipper2k @ Jan 17 2012, 08:34 PM) View Post

I would assume that lt3.0 refuses to load your old games due to it recognizing the discs as backups, so i think you will have to reburn the images. Oh the joys of trying to stay on xblive.

Wait have other people reported this issue or are you just taking an educated guess? huh.gif

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

If the newest ABGX says the games are fine then it might be that either the burn is bad or the laser in the drive is on its way out.

Edited by steveo1978, 18 January 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#5 escreate

escreate

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Did your discs give passing results through KProbe 2? If so, maybe the laser is weak.

Recommended Kprobe results:

PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less

#6 jimmunoz

jimmunoz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

The drive was broke in the mail system because the modder packed it like shit and sent it by First Class mail. The most messed up fact is I paid for priority shipping. First Class mail does not receive the care Priority Mail receives. I have worked in this industry and KNOW first hand. I do want to thank you for the responses. Answering your question, yes all discs passed abgx360 checks. The modder has been contacted and he is replacing the drive, as soon as I send him the one he broke. sad.gif

Edited by jimmunoz, 19 January 2012 - 08:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users