amishelectrician

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hey rad dudes and dudets!
Just posting something real quick before I kill my 4th xbox.
I've read a bunch of the tutorials and forums regarding slimboxes with the dvd logic boards intact.
I have had a Phillips and Thompson brand of DVD drive at my disposal for a slimbox mod using their logic boards. Both attempts have failed and given me errors when I load my xbox.
What am I doing wrong? Do I need to have a specific dashboard? Does everything need to remain connected like the lens and motors? Do I need to keep the dvd drive thinking its closed? Specific DVD drive? (I have a Samsung now and I'm afraid to even try a mod with it).
Please god. HELP! I cant lose another xbox to the DVD demons.
Thanks all!
Billy.

#2 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

How is your Xbox modded? If you have a modchip or flashed TSOP, then you can just use a bios set to run without a DVD drive. Then you won't have to deal with boards.

#3 amishelectrician

amishelectrician

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Jan 20 2012, 06:17 AM) View Post

How is your Xbox modded? If you have a modchip or flashed TSOP, then you can just use a bios set to run without a DVD drive. Then you won't have to deal with boards.

Thanks for the reply.
Its just a regular old softmodded xbox using the game save for mechassualt. There needs to be mentioned that I kinda had a logic board (Phillips) working when I soldered the board to fool the xbox to think the drive was closed. Took a good 2 minutes for the softmod to load though and when I used my "open dvd to get msdash" function it would send me to an error screen so this was a no go. I'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth with this. I'd love to flsh the xbox but I'm scared that I will ruin yet another xbox in the process. I have CoinOPS3 ready to go and I'm getting antsy happy.gif

#4 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

If you already have soldering experience, then flashing the TSOP is seriously no big deal. You should really look into it.

#5 amishelectrician

amishelectrician

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Jan 22 2012, 02:12 AM) View Post

If you already have soldering experience, then flashing the TSOP is seriously no big deal. You should really look into it.

I think Ill give it a shot. midaswell. No need for dvd drives anymore anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users