Photo

Potential Oops - Controller Led Mod, Should There Be A Component Here?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 V8 Darren

V8 Darren

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hi, I've just attempted my 2nd wireless controller rol led swap (1st was successful) and think I could have a slight problem.

While desoldering the top right led I was a little careless and got solder near the recharge port. When i removed the solder, I'm sure it also removed a component, perhaps a resistor or diode? After installing the LEDs, they all light up fine with the charge cable in, but are very dim when using the recharge pack. So I'm wondering if this has something to do with this potentially missing component.

I don't really know which board is which, so here is a front and back image of the board.
IPB Image IPB Image

And here is the picture to show where I think the missing component should be. If there is something missing, if anyone could let me know what it is so I can order a replacement I'd be most grateful.
IPB Image

#2 dopesun

dopesun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

You def. have a CG type controller board there. You also def. removed something. if it has any bearing to the fact that the leds are dim, im not sure. But, I do know CG type boards give less forward voltage than a Matrix type board so certain LEDs will be dimmer than others (white, blue etc.) But really you'll have to wait on a pro like RDC to answer the missing part Q...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users