10 replies to this topic

#1 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I will try to be as precise as possible.

I have 2 xbox's same issues, they both say PLAY DVD after an update was applied the console(mind you they have been sitting for a long period of time) Anywho.
Originally both came up with errors when trying to update like "351f-396b-1680-0700-c000-000e"

After doing the update a few times they went through, however as soon as it was done i couldnt read game disks anymore.

Both of these were modded drives at one time and i have the keys for them, verified by using the glitch method and running xellous to view the dvd key

So i reflashed with old firmwares that worked fine, nothing seems to work, The keys are in place. but it just wont play game discs, Is there something i am missing?!

1 is a MS28, Another a gdr-3120l, They were both working before the update... and yes, i bought a few extra drives to have on hand, tested in 3 different drives each, all same problem, reads everything else perfectly fine, just so you know... I know there are some ungodly good modders out there, I need your help!

Also, im not worried about my backups... I want my originals to play at this point, I am only using original disks, and the play dvd error is coming up

Edited by armyof1ne, 21 January 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#2 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

ms28 needs to be flashed with LT2.01 firmware
Hitachi gdr-3120l with LT2.0
take it you are on 14699 dashboard

#3 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just an update:
Yes that is the dashboard im on, I flashed the samsung with the new 2.01, no difference... Mind you i just want stock firmware as well.. No stock or hacked firmware is working

Heading on to hitachi

Another update:
flashed 2.0b to hitachi, no change, went back to stock, no change, still saying play dvd

I am using jungleflasher 1.9 Someone stated it may be something to do with the keys location on them, can you confirm the locations they are supposed to be?

Update3:
Ran dosflash and it said my key is invalid... However it is the key... triple checked and everything, was working perfectly fine before patch with that key... what changed?

Edited by armyof1ne, 21 January 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

what kind of mobo's do they have?

#5 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

I would say its not the keys
If you cant play an original game its the wrong key

#6 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

The problem is they ARE the right keys, verified by the keyvault on the actual 360 mobo... used used xell reloaded with reset glitch to read directly... my previous firmware dumps up until the update worked fine, the keys did not change...

Also... The Samsung is on a Xenon board(first generation) As well as the Hitachi

I believe it to be DVD Key location that is the problem...

Original firmware that worked fine was "DVD Key @4194" Then i update firmware... which worked fine was at "DVD KEY @4404"(Pre 13141) Now it reads "DVD KEY @ 4140"(Post 13141)... I have tried everything i can to try to get it working but i think its the location that is bunged, possibly a bad update or something, Is there a way to read where the actual xbox 360 mobo is searching for this key... like the location.. all i would have to do is mod the firmware to designate that key as dvd location right?!

Edited by armyof1ne, 22 January 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#7 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Im no expert at hex editing but Im sure you can use hex edit the key in to the right position
side note tho after both updates with new dash did you redump firmware to get copies of stock firmware before flashing cfw

Edited by hardie, 22 January 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#8 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

i see where your going... The location right after update was @4098... im gonna whip out the hex editor(scratch that... it wasnt working after the update)... back to trying to figure out a way to see how the xbox looks for the dvd key location)

Edited by armyof1ne, 22 January 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#9 antalpromille

antalpromille

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:mods and repair
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(armyof1ne @ Jan 22 2012, 02:32 AM) View Post

The problem is they ARE the right keys, verified by the keyvault on the actual 360 mobo... used used xell reloaded with reset glitch to read directly... my previous firmware dumps up until the update worked fine, the keys did not change...

Also... The Samsung is on a Xenon board(first generation) As well as the Hitachi

I believe it to be DVD Key location that is the problem...

Original firmware that worked fine was "DVD Key @4194" Then i update firmware... which worked fine was at "DVD KEY @4404"(Pre 13141) Now it reads "DVD KEY @ 4140"(Post 13141)... I have tried everything i can to try to get it working but i think its the location that is bunged, possibly a bad update or something, Is there a way to read where the actual xbox 360 mobo is searching for this key... like the location.. all i would have to do is mod the firmware to designate that key as dvd location right?!

WOW! so you used xell reloaded with RGH on a mobo that is not supported! do you mind telling the world how you glitched 2 xenons?

#10 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

whoops... Misspoke, they are Zephyr's... kinda just followed some tutorials. but yes you are right xenon's cannot(sorry i did this like 2 months ago forgive me if i dont remember everything about mobo names)

#11 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

has anyone been able to fix this problem? its a know problem after the march update... something to do with XGD3 or something like that... is there a way to revert?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users